• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death penalty for child molestors?

http://www.thehometownchannel.com/ne...0763&qs=1;bp=t

Committee OKs Bill Giving Juries Option Of Death Penalty For Molesters

POSTED: 9:51 am CST February 22, 2006
    UPDATED: 6:21 pm CST February 22, 2006

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma's Senate judiciary committee has approved a bill that would give juries the option to sentence repeat child molesters to life without parole or even death.

The entire state Legislature is expected to vote on the proposal soon.

Local police said the law could reduce the number of sex offenses. However, the new law could also provide some peace of mind to the victims of child predators.

Juvenile experts at the Fort Smith Police Department said more severe sentencing can do nothing but help.

"The problem right now is because they keep getting back out. The only thing I think they do is maybe get a little bit smarter about how they are going to do the next victim," said Fort Smith police spokesperson Kris Deason.

The proposal expands on Oklahoma's version of 'Jessica's Law,' which requires lifetime global positioning monitoring of repeat sex offenders.
    Copyright 2006 TheHometownChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Why just molestors and not all rapists? I've heard arguments both for and against. The one thing I do know is that effects of a sexual assault of any kind last a lifetime for the survivor. Knowing that the rapist/molestor is no longer on this Earth could help some with their fear. But it's not going to make it totally go away.

Re: Death penalty for child molestors?

A step in the right direction... just a step, but better than nothing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

25 year automatic with no parole.Let them get raped for 25 years.Death penalty would help, because there is no "rehabing" your sexual preference.No amount of education would turn someone who is gay into not being gay.Same with any turn-on, no matter how sick it is.So......put them away for as long as you can.

If they have done it more then once, strap it on and warm up the chair.

Check out this website.Never know how many are living in your area.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Comment

I still think public castration for rapist should be mandatory.
        Child molesters should be ass raped with a splintered broom handle until they are dead.
        Just my opinion. But I'll settle for just killing the fuckers outright.
        -Rick

Comment

in the perfect world death penalty would be the only way, but in the reality the system doesn't work, innocent people are being execuded all the time
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

spray em with urine from a gorilla in heat and lock em naked in a cage with couple horny male gorillas, that'll learn em [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

The problem I have is falsely accused people. When it comes to kids most people tend to lose their minds.

Recently in my area a woman took it upon herself to inform the people in her neighborhood that a child molester was living in there. She posted the information on this mans door, in his yard, on telephone poles around the area, basically littering the entire neighborhood with this mans name and address that he is a convicted child molester.

Problem is the man never did it and had no criminal record at all. The woman got his name and address from the national sex offenders registry that anyone can access at any time. What had happened is the person who did do it had the same name, but a different address. It was a misprint, but some crusading bitch made it her business to persecute someone... Falsely I might add.

Now I just wonder how many people still have it their little heads that man is sick and afraid to let their kids near him or his house because of it? I can almost guarantee in some minds that man is guilty .

My point is people take this stuff very seriously and if mistakes like that has happened once who's to say it hasn't happened a dozen times?

Or on the flip side there is someone in a neighborhood that was convicted of say statutory rape, he was 20 and she 17 for example. He went to jail for it and had to register as a sex offender. In that neighborhood a kid is raped, but doesn't know who did it and there's no clues, who are they going to point their fingers at? The registered sex offender.

The people are going to get revenge and it doesn't matter who goes down for it as long as someone pays for it. Especially where a kid is concerned.

When I was a teenager I lived in a fairly rough part of town. There was a series of murders in the area. My nextdoor neighbor was the first lady to get killed, brutally I might add. Very sad!

Anyway, a friend of mine, who was pretty much what one would call an "undesireable" was the main suspect. No juvenile or any other criminal records, he just lived in his parents house when they left him to fend for himself..long story, but the point is every little thing that happened they harrassed him for it and when these murders took place he was instantly the prime suspect.

The cops wanted to arrest him for it so bad they weren't even investigating it beyond trying to find evidence to pin on him. They finally detained him and interrogated him for 3 days trying to get some form of or anything they could use as a confession from him.

The last day he was there another murder took place and they caught the guy doing it. After the fact and proven he had nothing to do with it he was still looked at as though he did.

There's another well known case here that follows those same lines.
              Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Sentance him to death, by chopping off his tweeter
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  in the perfect world death penalty would be the only way, but in the reality the system doesn't work, innocent people are being execuded all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

So,how many cases have someone been convicted for child molestation more than once that was innocent? C'mon people they are talking about repeat offenders here! They deserve death plus more!

Comment

definitely a step in the right direction.

imo, though, i think that the death sentence should require dna evidence. it's pretty sad how many people are being pardoned from death row after like 20 years in prison because the courts finally allowed them to test the dna evidence after the conviction.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I say fry the bastards!!!! If anyone harmed my kids, the perp better hope that the Cops get them before I do... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

A~
                      All hail the 'King'
                      R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        definitely a step in the right direction.

imo, though, i think that the death sentence should require dna evidence. it's pretty sad how many people are being pardoned from death row after like 20 years in prison because the courts finally allowed them to test the dna evidence after the conviction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, most rape kits/dna are not being fully tested now. Most states don't have the money to cover all of the testing and either just test what they think might get them info or don't test it at all. In my case, it took them linking multiple cases to one attacker - now almost three years later, I had to go in to give more of my dna because they did not test everything originally.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I say fry the bastards!!!! If anyone harmed my kids, the perp better hope that the Cops get them before I do... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

A~

[/ QUOTE ]

While at the hospital after mt assault, my Mom told the cop that if she finds out who did it, she'll kill the bastard. The cop just told her that that is something he shouldn't hear!

Comment

definitely a good thing to do.
                            when i saw this thread for some reason i had to think of the cannibal corpse song "sentenced to burn"....go figure

Comment

Repeat offenders should be in the very least castrated.
                              I am on the side of life imprisonment or death for repeat offenders.
                              I have a 3 1/2 year old little girl, who is the light of my life. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              Need I say more? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                              X