• Show
Clear All

Re: just look outside...

[ QUOTE ]
    Could be worse.

Much worse.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMA, I don't know why, but this pics Fn made me laugh. I wasn't ven really reading the thread saw the 1st post with the pic, scrolled down saw the "new" pic and lost my shit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      I keep asking myself why do I live here?!? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      Everytime I go through Phoenix(which is quite often) I always ask myself "Who in the hell thought it was a good idea to put a city HERE?" The middle of the desert with no real body of water for a hundred miles in any direction. I don't count the Salt River. The worst part is they paint EVERYTHING that same damn sandy brown color. And it's so HOT!!! I just don't get it...

[/ QUOTE ]
      They should have built Phoenix about 50 miles farther north... two rivers to get water from... some good lakes. And it's about 1000 ft higher in elevation.
      And that brown color... we call it spray on spanish.
      I can deal with the heat for the most part. There's only about 1 or 2 months out of the year were I think it's just too hot.
      But like I tell everyone who visits... once it gets over 110 you stop caring because at that point you just don't go outside.
      My wife is a 9th generation Arizonan... she said it didn't used to get this hot 20 years ago. All the concrete and asphalt has kicked the average temp up 10 degrees from 20 years ago.
      They also recently moved the official thermometer for Phoenix to a cooler part of the airport so the high temps aren't as high as they were a couple of years ago.... yea... that's gonna make me feel better. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
      -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I mowed the grass this weekend.

Keith

Remind me of that this Hurricane Season.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

same here pretty much, nicest winter I can remember [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img], too bad it will be a distant memory when the TV is locked onto the weather channel this summer and fall and we're tracking a cat 3 storm [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          I keep asking myself why do I live here?!? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          Everytime I go through Phoenix(which is quite often) I always ask myself "Who in the hell thought it was a good idea to put a city HERE?" The middle of the desert with no real body of water for a hundred miles in any direction. I don't count the Salt River. The worst part is they paint EVERYTHING that same damn sandy brown color. And it's so HOT!!! I just don't get it...

[/ QUOTE ]
          They should have built Phoenix about 50 miles farther north... two rivers to get water from... some good lakes. And it's about 1000 ft higher in elevation.
          And that brown color... we call it spray on spanish.
          I can deal with the heat for the most part. There's only about 1 or 2 months out of the year were I think it's just too hot.
          But like I tell everyone who visits... once it gets over 110 you stop caring because at that point you just don't go outside.
          My wife is a 9th generation Arizonan... she said it didn't used to get this hot 20 years ago. All the concrete and asphalt has kicked the average temp up 10 degrees from 20 years ago.
          They also recently moved the official thermometer for Phoenix to a cooler part of the airport so the high temps aren't as high as they were a couple of years ago.... yea... that's gonna make me feel better. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every July(for the last 6), me and the Family go to Troon North for a week or so. I grew up in West Texas and miss the 110+ summers with no humidity. Took forever to get used to "sticky" SoCal. Nothing better than hanging at the pool all day with the sun baking you.
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Do you want me to take pics?

There is over 6 feet of snow in front of my yard.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Do you want me to take pics?

There is over 6 feet of snow in front of my yard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes
              If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Them pics are gonna be posted when I get back of college. Its one hell of a winter we got this year.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Ace, I said the same thing the minute I got to West Texas. There's a base here?! WHY?!!!!
                    Okay, I know why, but still.

It's 90F (32C) here. No rain. Lotsa dust. Lotsa chihuahuas.
                    Please send me your snow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Emmy...thought you were supposed to be coming back east here?...This is where all the snow is...surely you remember?! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I remember! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Yes, coming back but I can't get out of this hole until November. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                      Right now it's just under 100F out here. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

We just got offered a show June 14th in Phoenix. Last summer when we played there I sweat so bad I couldn't see my fretboard because my eyes were burning so bad!! I had to fake the rest of the song and pry them open while screaming from the salty burn to see my BOSS TU2 to end the song on cue!!

Comment

Talk about suffering for your art!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                          X