I'm pretty pissed off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty pissed off

Before Christmas I take my guitar in to the shop to get a new nut and new pickup configuration etc..

Well I go in today and they still haven't done shit to it!

So I decide to take it because I think its a little excessive to wait this long. I don't know what to do, I wanted to set up my guitar a certain way that I could not do it myself. I wanted to add a killswitch, tone pot for only the neck and a switch to make it single/double, and 2 volumes. I guess I'm gonna have to figure it out on my own [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Re: I\'m pretty pissed off

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

o rly?

Comment

When I must take an axe to a tech I always ask if they are backed up on stuff. If it's going to take more than 4 or 5 days I move on somewhere else.

Several years ago I had fret work and new pickups installed on one of my guitars. It took more than 2 weeks for them to do it. Dude said it wouldn't take more than a day or 2.

Turned out dude decided to use my guitar at a couple of shows he did.

So now if it takes more than a few days to do an hours worth of work I wonder where my shit is.
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I've had ok luck with most guitar repairs. I had two crappy gunsmiths though.

One of them took 6 months and put and M1 garand barrel on about 5 degrees from centered and then wanted to charge me $100! Went out of business three weeks later.
          Another one took 7 months to install a new hand - the thing that turns a revolver cylinder. In the end it just needed a little adjustment, the part I brought him wasn't necessary. It took him 20 minutes of me standing over him pissed to get it fixed. Went out of business 2 months later.

People in general suck and are lazy.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Let me just say, after working at a few guitar stores, 90% of the time they are NOT backed up, just lazy bastards. They put it off till last minute every time and most times it takes a LOT longer than it should. The good thing about our tech now is that he's part time, so when he comes in he just goes straight to work and knocks out some big jobs in a few days at most. He just did a nut replacement that took only 2 days, and that's because he forgot some of his files at home. Find another place man, that's bout it

Comment

my refret took way too long. like 2 months I think. right when I turned the geetar in, the dude went on a 2 week vacation, then he had a nice back-up of guitars to do before he got to mine.

i trust the guy though, he does great work every time, and is always willing to give advice/help, even when he knows you arent looking to spend money

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Went out of business three weeks later.

Another one took him 20 minutes of me standing over him pissed to get it fixed. Went out of business 2 months later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, 442, it sounds like you're just a jinx! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Please don't come to my place of business! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Heh, I worked for two companies that went OOB too!
                  It must be noted that I did nothing to bring that upon them and I actually left weeks before each one folded.

Yeah, I should just stay home and claim bankruptcy!
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, that's fucked up. How did you find out that's what he was doing?
                    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, that's fucked up. How did you find out that's what he was doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a dude at a party that worked for that music store and he told me. He said I should walk in and ask to see the guitar. I did and it wasn't in the store.

I told dude I'd be back at the end of the day to pick it up. When he told me I can pick it up the next day I told him I'd pick it up that same day or I'd follow him to his house to get it. And I wasn't bullshittin' either.

I picked it up at the store that same day.

Oddly enough that same guitar needs to be rewired now.
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

You should've charged him rent!

Comment

Or castrated him on the spot...
                          If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I would fuckin' beat a dude over the had with my guitar if he used it to play a show without my permission. As a guitar repairman, I can understand why people get backlogged, sometimes I order parts that are out of stock, sometimes I actually DO have a huge pile of stuff to get through. But if that's the case I stay late at work to do my best to catch up. I've left here at 10:30pm before!!

And there is NO REASON that a regular guitar repair, such as a kill switch and a new nut, should take three months!! I could do it in three hours.

Comment

Well, another thing to consider is that people who do that kinda stuff don't sit around in the shop all their lives waiting for work. They have things to do, and your problems take a back seat to their lives.

Now, what you CAN do is exactly what THEY did - get tired enough of depending on others that you can't depend on and learn to do it yourself.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X