Sonar 4 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonar 4 question

I just have one. I just finished recording a bunch of tracks and I need to convert them to MP3's so that I can post them or rip them on a CD. I get a screen that pops up telling me I need an MP3 Encoder and that the one that came with Sonar 4 has expired. Is there a work around for this?

Re: Sonar 4 question

mixdown to .wav and file convert to .mp3 with any ripping app. I use cdex which was free.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

All the Cakewalk software comes with an MP3 encoder that expires at some point. They want you to buy their encoder plug in.

Like Shawn said, mix it down to .wav and convert it. I use Y-Amp, it's free and it's the easiest one I've seen. The bit rate is adjustable to you can make a really high quality mp3.

http://www.mp3-converter.biz/yamp/

Comment

If your going to rip to an audio CD you can do so easily right from the wav file ..any software like media center should pull them off audio as an MP3
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          If your going to rip to an audio CD you can do so easily right from the wav file ..any software like media center should pull them off audio as an MP3

[/ QUOTE ]

So.. is this how I do it:

Take all my recorded tracks and bounce them down to 1 track
          Convert that newly recorded track from .wav to .mp3?

Its the whole mix down thing I can't figure out.
          With Cool Edit Pro 2.0 there is a mix down button. It takes all the selected tracks and mixes them down to a single stereo track. It then allows you to save it as an MP3, a .wav or whatever. Simple.
          With Sonar 4 Producer edition I don't see a mix down feature.
          Do I need to use a stand alone mixing program?
          For instance.. I saved one of my projects. I named it Star.
          When I go into Cakewalk projects and click on it, Sonar 4 opens up and the project is loaded and works great.
          I sent that project to my buddy but he couldn't open it because he told me I needed to either save it as an MP3 and send it to him or I would have to send him all the individual tracks as .wav files.

Comment

And another thing. Are the individual tracks that I have saved for my projecst considered .wav files? They don't have the .wav suffix.

Comment

Working...
            X