Looking for transmitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for transmitter

I'm looking for something you'd plug into the headphone jack of a walkman-type device to broadcast music from the walkman to an AM/FM car stereo. I've no idea if such a device exists or what it might be called if it does, anyone know of one?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: Looking for transmitter

<font color="aqua">yep, just go to something like Best Buy and ask for an FM transmitter. See, you were closer than you think! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I knew it would be an FM transmitter, I just figured they'd be called something goofy like "Portable Wireless Music Device Adapter". Many thanks, there's a Best Buy just down the street, I'll check with them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

<font color="aqua">I just gave you the "universal term". I'm sure what's written on the package will be much more glorious - [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

Comment

Chuck Norris
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

<font color="aqua">good, fett....... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

Comment

Just a heads up... I've used 3 different ones and they all worked but sound quality sucked big time

Comment

I'm thinking that even with shitty sound quality my tunes will be vastly preferable to whatever I can pick up on AM/FM in Utah, Wyoming, & Nebraska. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Unbelievable that in this day and age, that most car stereos don't have a line-in jack.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Moving truck.

Comment

You can also find those mini speakers that work off headphone jacks (and don't have to worry about frequency bleedover).
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've got a Belkin TuneCast II. Just like thetroy said, it works fine, but the sound quality sucks. The signal is clear, but not strong enough to be in stereo.

I'll sell you mine for $10 bucks if you wanna take a chance that you'll like it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

$10? Sold! PM me your addy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

OK, but I warned you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It'll work fine, it just needs a little more juice to up the signal. I'll toss a couple of car batteries in the cab ... it'll work or it'll melt. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X