Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the most pathetic thing ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the most pathetic thing ever....

Ok, I was watching TV late last night and up comes these commercials for Text Chat on a cell phone. One was 50 cents and one was $1.99 per message sent and responded to. That is absolutely outrageous to charge that but more to the point, if you are getting your jollies off having someone sending you text chat on your phone and paying for it, you are one sad pathetic individual and you should probably be put of surveillance since you are one step away from being a serial killer. I am sorry if I offend anyone, but if you are paying for text chat on a phone, you are one hopeless individual who couldn’t get laid in a women’s prison with a pocket full of pardons.

Matt

Re: This is the most pathetic thing ever....

It gets worse. I've heard there are some people who would think nothing of paying $5 for a mere 8 ounces of coffee! Some even do it 3 times a day!
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

I don't have to pay for my dirty text messages!! I had some girl call me from across the country to flick her bean on the phone for me the other day.

Comment

Ace was it a coffee bean.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I hear ya, Matt. Was watching the cartoons with the kids the other morning and one of those "Win your own XBox360" comps appears on tv. All you have to do is text the answer to a simple question to the number on the screen and you've won!

Of course, then there's the fine print - it's a mult-question quiz, and you will be charge $1.99 for each text, in either direction. Kids, don't forget to get Mum & Dad's permission first! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

It's almost as bad as participating on an Internet music forum, huh?
            "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if we paid $1.99 per post.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least we're not paying $1.99 per message!

Edit... It appears I was beaten to the punch

Comment

This whole cell phone bullshit is a serious issue with me. I can't stand it. It makes me sick for these companies to bend people over and dry hump them the way they do!

There's no reason for them to continue to charge ridiculous fees for bullshit services.

a $20 flat rate for basic service and $25 for text and file xfer services will still make them more money than the service is worth.

$1.99 to send or receive a text message? What a crock of shit! The technology isn't new and the bandwidth doesn't cost shit... Pennies on the dollar. Fuckin' crooks!

Personally, I think anyone who actually buys into this shit is too stupid to have money.
                  Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Can't really blame those companies for their high fees because people are dum enough to pay them.

Hell, I'd do it too...

Comment

I can't remember the guys name...some comedian. Years ago he said....

"Anyone who can get YOU, to pay THEM...to jack-off on the phone...is a fuggin' genius".

Comment

I've never sent nor received a text msg and only a few people have my cell #. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I never understood the purpose of sending text messages over a telephone anyway, unless you were handicapped and that's the only way you can communicate.

I mean, it's a phone - SPEAK INTO IT.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Those commercials tend to come on around the same time as the "have you been injured..." lawsuit ads. That should be some indication of their target audience.

Comment

didn't we have this discussion last month?

Sending a text is handy for me if I need to get information to my wife while she is at work. She can't keep her phone with her, but if she swings by her bag she can quickly check for texts, otherwise my text will be waiting for her when she finishes her shift. Plus it's quicker/easier than having to dial in for voicemail.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X