lost mail. what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost mail. what to do?

Ok I ordered some parts from Fretsonthenet for my RR5, and he sent them out priority, with delivery confirmation. This was a little over a week ago. So I check the tracking number today (USPS) and it said it had been delivered March 3rd, at 10:39 am. I got the mail that day around noon, and there was nothing from fretsonthenet there.

So now I'm thinking that USPS got lazy and marked it off for delivery, and the mailman either forgot or just got lazy as well. OR, it got stolen, because I dont live in the best of areas. I really hope it didnt get stolen. But now I am out $75 and I am pretty upset.

What should I do?

Re: lost mail. what to do?

Deliverly confirmations are scanned at the post office, not when the package is delivered so it's entirely possible that it was lost, misdelivered, or tossed on your step and stolen after leaving the post office. I usually use and request signature confirmation as I figure the peace of mind of forcing them to actually hand the package to a human and extract a signature is worth the extra $0.80 or so.

Best bet would be to start with your post office and either speak with or have them speak with your route carrier to see if he remembers what he actually did with the package. He might recall delivering it elsewhere or leaving it on your step. Beyond that I'd say you're screwed if it wasn't insured.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

<font color="aqua">Grant, no worries, as soon as I get home from work tomorrow I'll be on the phone with the post office for you. I do wish you would have told me it was not a good neighborhood as I would have suggested some other way of making sure it got to you. I am not a mind reader. I offer any service that the post office offers so that you can take full advantage of whatever shipping method you'd like. I'll be in touch.

Brad, as for delivery confirmation, whenever I get a delivery confirmation, the postman scans it right there when delivered, not sure why it's different around you. </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yeah I just moved here in january and I havent had any problems with mail so far. UPS even left a big brown box right on my doorstep and it was there when I got home. But you never know. From now Im gonna have stuff delivered to my parents home.

Comment

Might be a good idea to check at the post office, sounds crazy but I've had them hold a small package there that could've easily been put in one of the lock boxes they have there, but they kept it at the post office instead and never gave me one of those notices. I ran into the postman on a day off from work and he said that the package was left at the Post Office and he (supposedly) notified us.

Comment

Yeah, my postman has one of those portable scanners and scans it right at my doorstep.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Yeah, my postman has one of those portable scanners and scans it right at my doorstep.

[/ QUOTE ] ditto
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Everyone except the post office does here. I usually miss mailed stuff that requires a signature and wind up picking it up at the post office. From the pickup window a few large tables are visible and they're always filled with green-tagged packages that are being scanned like crazy. I asked and was told that those were the delivery scans for delivery confirmations. I've also never seen any of the carriers here with hand scanners. Maybe we're just behind the times. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I didn't know you lived in Tennessee [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

In my neighborhood they scan it at the post office. I have had stuff that is listed as "delivered", but not show up for real until a day later.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

What should I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cry like a man-bitch? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

UPDATE! lost mail. what to do?

<font color="aqua">Guess what showed up at my door today?!?!

Kinda of odd how they have the dates written on the side, almost as if they contacted Grant about this for 3 weeks and was never claimed? I'm guessing they contacted the wrong person (via their little peach colored notices).

Anyhow, glad to see these were not stolen, and this time they will be going out signature confirmation!

</font>
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Re: UPDATE! lost mail. what to do?

You go girl [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Well the addresses are completely smeared. No wonder it never made it anywhere. Yours is smeared also so it's a miracle IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            We must!
                            We must!
                            We must increase the bust!
                            The bigger the better!
                            The tighter the sweater!
                            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

what the fuck!?!?!? lol

man this makes me really really happy. Email me with a price on shipping again, WITH delivery confirmation this time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X