www.wolfgangsvault.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.wolfgangsvault.com

Anyone else heard of this? The guy bought a warehouse formerly owned by Bill Graham.It had a vault in the basement loaded with vintage t's,posters,tickets,and other promotional materials...Evidently,Bill's family's only interest was selling the property,and they had no clue this stuff was in there...There are also sapposed to be over 7,000 audio and video recordings of every show he promoted for over 20 years...

www.wolfgangsvault.com
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Re: www.wolfgangsvault.com

How much did he buy it for? Do the item prices seem reasonable?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I realy haven't looked yet,and he got the warehouse REAL CHEAP from what I have heard.Bill died in a helicopter crash in 1991 (IIRC), the new owner wll be on a local radio show tomorrow,so I will know more then...

Ok,just checked the website...This s#1t is pricey,BUT...It is all vintage stuff,in brand new condition..
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

UNREAL.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Yeah, they have some great original Hendrix posters, etc. on there.

Comment

I know a dude who interviewed to be a curator's assistant on this. he did not get it, but he does now work for what used to be Bill Graham Presents (now owned by motherF'rs ClearChannel).

I did not realize they are selling the stuff outright.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I read that the reports that the vault was a surprise discovery are false. There were people who worked for Bill Graham and his business who's job it was to archive all of these things.

Comment

I have some old pics I took at the Mosters Of Rock tour back in the 80's. Maybe I should pull them out and try to sell them for $200 each. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

So if this guy bill died in 1991, how come half of the stuff on that site is 1992, 1993 +?
                  Nirvana? Metallica 1998?
                  I am gonna sound real dumb as I am not 'in the biz' why is Bill Graham important?
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    So if this guy bill died in 1991, how come half of the stuff on that site is 1992, 1993 +?
                    Nirvana? Metallica 1998?
                    I am gonna sound real dumb as I am not 'in the biz' why is Bill Graham important?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he basically invented big time rock promotion and linked merchandising to the shows and artists. He was a huge innovator.

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

FYI

Bill Graham Presents as a COMPANY still existed post his death.
                      Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                      Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

I had a bunch of the Bay Area metal shows posters and flyers that I got rid of ages ago. I would have been able to retire had I kept it!

Comment

Working...
                        X