West Coast Mini-Tour- WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Coast Mini-Tour- WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, ID

I'm going to be doing a little bit of touring action down the West Coast with In Memorium for about a week-ish, so if any folks are interested in checking out the performance here's where we're playing... Shows are 21+ unless otherwise noted.

3-15-06: Seattle, WA at EL CORAZON (all ages)
    3-17-06: Tacoma, WA at THE CATBOX
    3-18-06: Portland, OR at SABALA'S 7pm (all ages)
    3-19-06: Novato, CA at BINS BARNYARD
    3-21-06: Modesto, CA at FAT CAT MUSIC HOUSE
    3-22-06: Sacramento, CA at THE ROADHOUSE
    3-23-06: Las Vegas, NV at THE COOLER LOUNGE 7pm
    3-24-06: Salt Lake City, UT at THE WHISKEY
    3-26-06: Payette, ID at SUNDANCE SALOON

Billed as the "Cast In Black" Tour

We play sort of black metal / with a little bit of everything else. Kind of a fusion of the more extreme genres. Our vocalist also in Abazagorath. Unfortunately, we will not be with our keyboardist for this tour. Audio can describe the sound a lot better so check the myspace page out here.. http://www.myspace.com/inmemoriummetal

I'll be the fat guy on stage headbanging with the King V and whipping out the Kerry King solos.

Re: West Coast Mini-Tour- WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, ID

I may check out the show Wensday
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Congrats! I would love to hear you guys, too bad you couldn't make it closer to L.A.! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, you need to push a bit farther south buddy!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

We really tried to get everywhere but a lot of the clubs we were calling didn't return our calls, promoters showed interest up until we started talking about doing contracts so that we'd not run the risk of showing up to the place and suddenly the show was cancelled in favor of another show.

LA was the toughest place to get a show, it seemed. We will be going out again on the road when we finish our new CD so perhaps when we're in the planning stages again I can get some numbers of some clubs / venues / bars / whatever that are extreme metal friendly?

Most of the turn downs we received were "We don't like that style of music and we don't like the people it attracts." Maybe we were just looking in the wrong place?

Comment

There's a lot of promoters down here that do extreme metal. Church of the 8th Day, M Productions, Benighted Entity, and several more. What sort of contract did you want signed? I've NEVER signed a contract for a show we've played, and there has only been one show that we've ever played that was running too late and we got cut at the last minute. We still got paid.

Comment

Yeah, Ace help him out w/ some connections.

Comment

First show was tonight and I'm still in the area since we don't leave until Friday. I had pretty much everything go wrong for me during the first song. I broke a string and then ended up unplugging my entire rig on accident while trying to deal with a cable wrapped around a jacket someone put behind my amp. I ended up using our tourmates guitar the whole show, haha... Pretty sweet ESP MII with a maple fretboard.. I'm gonna have to pick one up when I get back.

[ QUOTE ]
                There's a lot of promoters down here that do extreme metal. Church of the 8th Day, M Productions, Benighted Entity, and several more. What sort of contract did you want signed? I've NEVER signed a contract for a show we've played, and there has only been one show that we've ever played that was running too late and we got cut at the last minute. We still got paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

The contract was more to ensure that the show wouldn't be cancelled on their end. Just kind of going for the safe route, I guess. Other guys don't want the show to be cancelled after driving a ton of time in favor of another show. Up here there is a tendency to shaft bands periodically. One place won't even "confirm" a show until a week prior to its actual occurrence, so they can cancel on you at any time (so they can keep their options for major acts coming through / major locals to do shows). It has happened to me before with another band, but I guess we got the last laugh because the show ended up getting cancelled.

Comment

That's a total bummer, but I've never heard of it happening around here. If you want to get in touch with any of the promoters I mentioned, they are all on MySpace.

Comment

A buddy of mine owns Paladinos club in the valley, while he stays out of the day to day operations, Might be able get a foot in the door at least. I don't know if they book metal bands, Ace can tell ya. I haven't been out to LA since he bought it, all I know is a couple Foo fighters used to hang out there, and they played a gig there a few years ago.
                    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

The Foo Fighters played a secret show there a few months ago. My boss works at their studio. Paladino's still does have metal shows, more 80's style than death metal.

Comment

Also tribute acts

Comment

Working...
                        X