I did something so stupid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did something so stupid...

You know when you have something important, that you don't want to lose, so you put it somewhere safe, somewhere that you will never, ever find it in a million years?

Well, that's what I did two weeks ago with my motorcycle ignition key. Now I can't find the goddamn thing anywhere. I can start the bike, but hotwiring my bike everywhere I go is a tiny bit inconvenient. So it's going to cost me $50 for a new switch/keys. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Why is it, that at the time, wherever I put the fucking thing seemed like the most ingenious, safest place in the world. Yeah, it's safe alright, safe from me!
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: I did something so stupid...

What really sucks is finding the old key 2 days after you replace the ignition switch....
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

This is why I bought a home safe it came with a key rack inside for just this type of thing. I haven't lost keys or money in well over a year. Beleive me I use to loose stuff all the time then find it days later after replaceing it.
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

I just bought a key numbered to the lock from a locksmith without removing the lock (of course that was a 1975 yamaha). I guess it doesn't work like that on new models, huh? Cost me $25
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I just bought a key numbered to the lock from a locksmith without removing the lock (of course that was a 1975 yamaha). I guess it doesn't work like that on new models, huh? Cost me $25

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it does work that way. I should call a locksmith. I suppose you have to give them the VIN number. I'll give it a try I guess.

Comment

You can also get a locking wall mount key rack from office supply stores for about $25-30.00.They also have key tags in bags of 20 for about $5.00.We had a drawer full of mystery keys in the safe at work,I finally talked them into using these and they can open the back gate or basement in less than a half hour now.... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry man, but that is just wicked funny!
              Mostly because the same thing has happened to me, only, um, not an ignition key. Heh. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

I know that I can order a replacement key for my car from Ford using the VIN number... Hopefully itll be the same for you.

James

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mostly because the same thing has happened to me, only, um, not an ignition key. Heh. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Em, did you lose the key to you Chastity Belt again?
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Were you baked at the time you put it away? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I know that I can order a replacement key for my car from Ford using the VIN number... Hopefully itll be the same for you.

James

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Should be no problem. A few years ago, I had my car parked in a valet lot... I came back a few hours later and they couldn't find my key! They had someone else's key, they think he just gave them a spare when he brought his car in, somehow they gave him my key back to him when he left, he didn't even look at it and threw it in his pocket. Those idiots had to call GM with my VIN number and have a new key sent over for me.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Em, did you lose the key to you Chastity Belt again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got rid of that beast a looooong time ago. I have two kids! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Were you baked at the time you put it away? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Did you look on your keyring?

You DO have a keyring, don't you?
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

LMAO.... Sorry Zeegs, but I´ve been there SOOOOO many times.... But I feel for ya [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X