Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to properly dispose of a 4th gen Trans Am...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to properly dispose of a 4th gen Trans Am...

So heres the story on the car... I bought the car a month ago because it had some body damage. I wanted the LT1/T56 engine/tranny combo for my 92 Trans Am Comnvertible, and am selling everything else. Once we had the car stripped of ever nut and bolt, I was going to call a scrap yard to come get it... but we decided to have a bit of fun with an oxy/asc torch and a sawzall:

Damn, that was fun. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Re: How to properly dispose of a 4th gen Trans Am...

I would have LOVED to have been there. Hell I would have paid you 50$ to let me cut that fucker apart.

Comment

Re: How to properly dispose of a 4th gen Trans Am...

Im not gonna lie, it was definatley alot of work... a good 4-5 hours worth. But it was pretty fun and stress relieving. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Re: How to properly dispose of a 4th gen Trans Am.

I love doing demo.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Blasphemer!!!!!!!!!!! RIP sweet bird.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn,I miss doing that stuff...Looks like you guys had a blast,but next time,try a pair of glasses..That concrete will smack the snot out of you if it gets hot enough...
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Couldn't you have sold the exrea parts? Like the hood ie.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No, the hood was damaged, look at the top left corner on the pic where Im cutting, its all dented and not really repariable/worth repairing. As a matter of fact, NOTHING on the car that was useable went to waste. And I mean NOTHING... If you look close, I even took the door strikers off. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The only thing left on that car was the cracked windshield, the side ground effect with a chunk out of it, and a dented hood. Ive got a garage full of parts now that Ive gotta sell quick so I can put my other car back in there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

What about the uniframebodythingamajigger you cut up? Wasn't that usable?

Or too much trouble for a buyer since the labor to swap it is worth 10X the car when you are done?

Seems like a race person would have wanted it.
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

The subframe was bent on the drivers side from the multiple signs the previous owner hit, so even that wasnt useable... the ttops and the doors wouldnt lign up right, not to mention he bent the back of the frame too when he had his buddy try to push him out of the ditch. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Trust me, I wouldnt have cut up a good car, I hate when people do that.

Comment

Wow, now I am thinking I can find one of those to put a giant TV in front of and cut off the front end. Then put it in my game room and play Hydro Thunder and Sega GT all night!
                        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

HAHA, I was thinking of keeping the back end and putting it on my wall, use it as a storage chest or something, but it was all bent. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

"The subframe was bent on the drivers side from the multiple signs the previous owner hit"
                            What the hell did he do to that car?

Comment

From the story I got, he lost control as it started to rain, slammed into a curb, and took out a bunch of street signs. A shame too, cause it was really a nice car before he did it, but I got a good deal on it so I couldnt pass it up. Not only was everything on the front end ruined, the drivers door and frame at the door was gone, along with the steering rack literally cracked in half.

Comment

Working...
                              X