Bike Week, WTF!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Week, WTF!!!!

There have been 18 bike related deaths. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] This event has been going on for 65 years. Bets on 66? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Bike Week, WTF!!!!

Is it just me? http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_071131734.html You bike riders out there. Why doesn't this make an impression? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The Laws of Natural Selection come into play once again...

Of course, assuming that most of these deaths were not just odd tragic accidents that is...

Quite often though, ya buy your own ticket out somehow.

Comment

Considering the # of riders, that's pretty good odds really. It's no more dangerous than anything else (if you're having fun!)
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The FHP is blaming <u>sunnie</u> skies and good weather for the increase in deaths.

[/ QUOTE ]

Retards [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

97% of all bike related deaths are due to stupidy. People riding abouve their skill level, riding Bikes WAY abouve thier skills, Not wearing proper Gear, and then people just being dumb.

I read somewhere last month that the average life of a new GSXR1000 is only a few months. People think That the Bigger bikes make them cool, nope, not when you have no clue on how to ride it. On my old 6 I would beat 90% of people at stop lights who had bigger bikes.
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I have been riding harlys for years, and over the last few they have become a fad with the yuppies...these guys go buy a 800 pound bike for their first one and dont know how to ride them. Not saying its how these people (rest their soles) died but it adds to the accident % every year. You can tell a newbie on a bike...they should start with a honda rebel! Oh yeah....losta drinking at the bike weeks...I know I have been to 5 of them at Laconia...I am sure that does not help either

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                97% of all bike related deaths are due to stupidity. People riding above their skill level, riding Bikes WAY above their skills, Not wearing proper Gear, and then people just being dumb.

I read somewhere last month that the average life of a new GSXR1000 is only a few months. People think That the Bigger bikes make them cool, nope, not when you have no clue on how to ride it. On my old 6 I would beat 90% of people at stop lights who had bigger bikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! Too many riders out there think that it always happens to the other guy. Having gear on will only increase your chances of living during an accident. If you ride a lot... it is not "if" you will go down, but "when" will you. Speed on a bike is not about HP. Skills! One wrong move and you are gone.

Damn winter [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]...... now I want to ride.

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

P.S............ I did a spellcheck on the quoted section. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Its called... drunk, idiot newbie on harley with no helmet. I've ridden for over 20 years. bikes and alcohol don't mix.
                  Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

The thing most people fail to realize is that someone has to be "the other guy" that all the bad stuff happens to - you are always "the other guy" to someone else.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      There have been 18 bike related deaths. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] This event has been going on for 65 years. Bets on 66? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I can relate...well sort of in a deifferent way.
                      I live about 5-6 city blocks from a river.
                      Lots of boating, sking, a walk way trail right beside for various miles, statues at various spots, a couple of parks along side of, duck, swans, fishing and etc. In all honesty, it really is one of the nicer highlights in this area. The city has spent alot of money to get it that way and it has paid off, it is really nice. I enjoy it in the summer months like many others.

Still, you can expect it every summer 2-3 deaths/drownings.
                      Its sad and unfortunate but predictable. Never fail its a sure thing, it always happens every summer. You could bet on it and would win every time.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I started racing motocross in 73,bought my first Harley in 82,been bikin all my life.I have seen and heard of more people killed,not from being hit or dropping their ride,but from getting run over from the fuckin idiot that was behind them that was not paying attention.I've seen it,and wanted to kill a MF because they were'nt paying attention..........
                        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          The FHP is blaming sunnie skies and good weather for the increase in deaths.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this sentence sound funny to you? It just seems really ironic.

Also, "sunny" is misspelled.

Did you know the word misspelled is one of the most misspelled words?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            97% of all bike related deaths are due to stupidy.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Agreed. Stupidity on both parts. Riders and cagers.

[ QUOTE ]
                            On my old 6 I would beat 90% of people at stop lights who had bigger bikes.

[/ QUOTE ] Racing on the street is one of the most stupid things people do. Your skill level may be high, but not everyone on the road knows the street is your own personal race track. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Good one, Scott. I've been riding for about 20 years and have only been in one accident where I went down.

As far as these deaths go, I think quakana is on the right track: it's the grown-up dudes who haven't ridden in 20 years (or ever) who are getting big-ass Harleys and they aren't respecting what those big, old, ugly, heavy, sloppy excuses for a motorcycle can do. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X