Hope this isn't a sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope this isn't a sign

Just bought a guitar off Ebay, the seller is in Alabama, here is the email I just received:

"As was stated in the Ad Paypal is the only method of payment I accept. What is your shipping address and I will determine shipping costs since you apparently live in the UK."

Huh? I live in Warwick, RI....Rhode Island.....one of the original 13 states.... I hope I get this thing in one piece and the seller is just geographically challenged. Now that I think about it, when I was in the Army a few guys did ask me where Rhode Island was, even when I said next to Massachusetts, they were like "where is that", then I would say New England, again blank looks, wasn't until I said near New York or Maine that they would know where it was [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Hope this isn\'t a sign

Just tell him Rhode Island is in the USA, along with New Mexico, and no you don't need a passport [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think Sully had a plan whenhe became president to carpet R.I
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

yep
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Alabama scores at the bottom of the list almost every time as far educational scoring. I live pretty close to the Ala. line and I'll let you know "book learnin" ain't a real big priority.
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Just bought a guitar off Ebay, the seller is in Alabama, here is the email I just received:

"As was stated in the Ad Paypal is the only method of payment I accept. What is your shipping address and I will determine shipping costs since you apparently live in the UK."

Huh? I live in Warwick, RI....Rhode Island.....one of the original 13 states.... I hope I get this thing in one piece and the seller is just geographically challenged. Now that I think about it, when I was in the Army a few guys did ask me where Rhode Island was, even when I said next to Massachusetts, they were like "where is that", then I would say New England, again blank looks, wasn't until I said near New York or Maine that they would know where it was [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your ebay username?
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I had a rep that refused to send a part to a guy in New England because we do not export our products. I took care of the guy and smoothed everything out. I then tried to explain New England to the rep and only received a blank look. I was telling her "you know New England, like the super bowl champs, the New England Patriots"? She never got it.

Comment

Working...
              X