Need help/opinions fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help/opinions fast

I have an item listed for sale on craigslist for local pickup only. I got an email stating that the price was agreeable and he wanted to know the condition. He also stated that he wants me to know that he's doing this transaction on behalf of his client and to get back to him asap so that he can arrange for payment and pick up. I told him cash and pickup only. This should be safe as long as my requirements are met, correct? Thanks for the help.

Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Re: Need help/opinions fast

Scam! If he does show up, make sure it is cash only...watch out for real looking, but bogus cashiers checks

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Scam! If he does show up, make sure it is cash only...watch out for real looking, but bogus cashiers checks

[/ QUOTE ]I agree. Cash only is the way to go in this kind of a situation.
      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Yep, it's a scam. They'll try to send you a stolen / fake cashier's check and then issue a call tag for pickup of the item.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          transaction on behalf of his client

[/ QUOTE ]
          That's the first sign of a scam right there!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cash is KING. Nothing else will work in this situation. Bring the burner with you too, just in case. I always do during a face to face transaction.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yeah watch out for the old. Someone owed me money and all they have is the check for more than the item I want from you, can you give me the item plus the difference in cash. If it's anything but cash, tell them to kick rocks.
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Cash only pickup Alvin. No exceptions.

Comment

Or beer! Beer can be as good as cash, especially on weekends at BBQ's. But yeah, cash and all that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Thanks everyone. I sent him an email explaining that this was cash and pickup only. So, guess what? No reply from him.

Thanks again,
                    Alvin
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I do tons of transactions via Craigslist.

Rule #1: CASH ONLY
                      Rule #2: Don't do deals alone. Always have a goon/friend back you up.
                      Rule #3: If anything sounds too good to be true or fishy in any way, walk away.

Comment

Eh, Alvin's pretty goon-like already! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Alvin, bro, check this page out...most of it is about fake escrow accounts, but scroll down to Counterfeit Cashier's Check Fraud:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.htm
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Don't do the transaction at your house. This could be a "Case". Meet at a neutral location. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                          X