Another Mad Cow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Mad Cow

A 10 year old cow in Alabama has/had Mad Cow. Makes no nevermind to me, because most beef nowadays sucks anyhow. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Another Mad Cow

aw fuck. this is going to cost me big time. We have been getting great prices for these suckers, Is this confirmed?
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      aw fuck. this is going to cost me big time. We have been getting great prices for these suckers, Is this confirmed?

[/ QUOTE ] Yea, it's on CNBC. The Japanese will go ballistic. They said the cow never made it to burger-land but they are going to trace the cows history. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah, Mad Cow is lame....I prefer Bird Flu..

Comment

Damn..saw the thread title and thought you had run into my ex-wife. I was hoping you were going to say you poked her in the eyes(a'la Moe)and kicked her good leg out from under her. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          The Buzzard does not fear
          The man in riot gear
          Harvest a skull of stone
          The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I'm sure it will be blamed on Canada again [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

oh well!

Chris

Comment

http://www.nbc4.com/health/7992491/detail.html
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Beef is too expensive, unless you do what I do and buy the discounted stuff. Meat,in general, has lost all of it's taste. I'm not sure why, but I have been around long enough to know what beef, pork and poultry used to taste like. I live for marked down meat. How else can I support my guitar habit? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The last couple years the feeder calves that I sell off have brought such a good price I couldn't justify putting one in the freezer for our consumption, but more than likely the price we get will drop off for a while, (I bet the store prices don't drop tho) I had a couple people inquire about buying a steer fresh off the farm, but most people don't relize how much money they have to spend, a feeder steer wieghing 450# will bring about $1.50-$1.75 a # you need to feed em out for 3-4 months to about 900# (figure a buck for every pound of gain)and your processing cost will be about $225, you'll get about 500 lbs of meat, about a quarter or better is hamburger, do the math
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

As a consumer, I will not pay the price for beef. I understand your costs. But it comes down to "Taste" and "Tenderness". I can't tell you how many times I have been let down by a steak; a roast or whatever cut. The meat is tough and tasteless. The only thing I do with beef is put it the oven for 4 hours. I trully feel for your delemna. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There aint nothing better than some good steak. I know when I'm ready to sink my teeth into some quality cow, I really don't care what I pay for it. I just wish more of my $$ was going to the people raising the cattle and not the money grubbers that come afterward.
                        The Buzzard does not fear
                        The man in riot gear
                        Harvest a skull of stone
                        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Working...
                        X