Anyone into Quads here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone into Quads here??

I've always been a Dirt bike/Street bike guy, but my 1st bike when I was 3 was a Suzuki 50 Quad and at the same time my dad and uncle bought the Brand new LT250R QuadRacers so I've always had a senimental thing for the LT250Rs and Quadzilla since That's what my uncle and dad raced when I was a Kid. So I'm always on the look for a cheap one, well it found me yesterday. It was kinda funny, yesterday at the 4X4 swaptmeet me and my dad were at different places at the thing and he called me and said"Hurry up over to the Building and Bring money, there's a Quadracer over here that's totally you"

Good news is the frame and all the components are sweet

Bad News Is I need to build a motor but that's easy. the motor came in 2 boxes though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm going on the Cheap on this as far as suspension and things go, just keeping it stock.

The Frame will be suzuki Blue, the Motor will be Black the Gold, I'm getting Black Plastic for it. and the Tank stickers will be charvel stickers. Also gonna do the new wheels in stock Gold too. So I think Black/Blue and Gold will rock

I have till The week nefore memorial day to finish it too so I can have it ready for the weekend [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: Anyone into Quads here??

I have a Honda Quad with a CR 500 motor shoved in it that runs on alcohol.You better have that MF pointed the way you want to go or she will punnish you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...................
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

TRX250R Frame?? The 500 Will basically bolt into place of the 250R motor.

I can do a 500 Swap n this too real easy

Comment

Ah, I thought you meant quadriplegics. Never mind. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Ah, I thought you meant quadriplegics. Never mind. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be into quads and bikes and all that stuff, riding since I was a kid. Then about 6 years ago a bad streak hit our group of friends. one wrecked his Yamaha YZ, coma for a few months, now in a wheelchair. will not walk again, but the brain damage is the worst, will never be the same person.. he used to be a rowdy ass loud mouth hick, now he can barely speak without full concentration, and the personality just isnt there anyore.

One of my best friends and my wifes cousin(he was my roommate and thats how I met her), wrecked on a quad on 4th of July 2000. Had to be airlifter to the hospital, he died on the way.

Myself, just a few months before my friend died. I was down a Glamis came over a hill, a truck came over at the same time, we hit mid air. Bike got demolished. I was in full protective gear(thank god, big chunk missing out of the side of my helmet). right leg crushed, looked like I got beat to shit by a gang with bats. I was in the hospital for 3 days, had to have my tibia bolted all together. The guys at the Brawley Hospital told me that all the surgeons from the Naval Base in San Diego go there on the weekends to get experience for massive trauma. Seems people, especiall kids get crushed/smashed all the time there.

To me quads and bikes are just bad news now. I used to love that stuff, but not anymore.
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

It is all about not riding over your head and being sure to wear all your protective gear. Doing those two things will reduce your chances of getting seriously hurt a great deal. Personally, I don't like riding at ORV parks... there are too many yahoos acting like idiots. I prefer to do my riding on tracks where everyone is going the same direction, or on open private land.

Riding is inherently dangerous, but you just have to use common sense and be alert as possible.

That is a cool Quad! I see Quadracers and TRX's for sale all the time, but they are becoming more rare and the prices are skyrocketing as a result. Usually, they want more for them now then they did new! It's not uncommon to see a seller asking $3000 plus, and they sold new in 1986 for about $2400.

I've ridden Quadracers a few times, but it was many years ago. I remember the engine having a strong but silky power delivery, with tons of low end. They sign off early though. The suspension on those things is great! Very confidence inspiring (compared to the ATC250R I had at the time). Cool stuff! Make sure to post a pic when it is restored.

Comment

holy shit this is weird, i just bought an ATV like an hour ago and was going to start a thread right now just as i saw this. I'm gonna go take some pics of it right now and post them in a few minutes.

BTW its a 2001 Yamaha 660R - very modified.

Comment

Heres a pic. Sorry for the crappy quality, the lighting really sucks in the garage, i'll take some better ones in the daylight tomarrow

Its a 2001 Yamaha Raptor 660
                I do not no exactly all of it's mods, but i know that it has atleast 3 grand worth.

Some of the aftermarket stuff is a Yoshimura TRS system with muffler, some after market pistons (not sure which)
                And i know that they made it wider, and lower.

There is some other stuff that he mentioned and i can't remember right now.

We got it for 4000, which is pretty good. It also has about 25 hours of riding on it.

Comment

Yes,Donnie,TRX 250 frame.Flattrack for days..............
                  Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I've raced everything from a 50 quad at 3 to my ZX6R last year so Nothing is fast to me

This will be my fun machine, I'm gonna do Jackson stickers on the rear fenders with charvels on the tank

With the Jeep and this fun= every weekend

Comment

Dear God, those raptors are faster then sin!!! Im jealous Prizrak. Id liek to see some video!

Comment

Donny, did you frequent the exriders.com forum? I been thinking Drsracing was familiar...thats where my nick quadperson came from. Used to really be into em. Need to get another one. The new Honda 450R looks tasty.
                        I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I thought you were talking about squatting and other leg training exercises. I had something to add there.

Comment

I have a 2005 Polaris Predator 500 and a 2005 Polaris 700 Twin EFI. The Predator scares the crap out of me so it's for my crazy buddies to use. I only hop on the thing when conditions are dry and I am going in a straight line. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The 700 is my all purpose machine. I have a seat on the rear so I can take the kids through the woods or down to a lake. It has a ton of power but is so comfortable to ride that we go for all day trips on it...the suspension is unreal.

FWIW, I bought the 700 and my wife won the Predator in a raffle just two weeks later. I never would have purchased that thing. My wife is starting to make sense and I think we may sell it. lol
                            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I thought it as a swingers term for a 4 way?
                              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                              X