Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Potatos

Right,
    Recently Ive been trying to lose weight, and have been eating healthier as well as going to the gym.
    Now I used to eat out a lot, a lot of pub lunches etc, as there was always friends eating out and I was too busy to make food.
    Bad I know! Ive stopped doing it!
    But recently Ive started doing it and having fruit juice not beer or coke and instead of burger and chips (fries) Ive bene having a baked/jacket potato with a filling and side salad.

Im getting addicted to these things. Like a baked potato with chilli in it, or a baked potato with coronation chicken in it (dont know if you have it in America, its chicken in curried mayo with apricots, raisins, and almomd pieces).
    Am I right in thinking that, as long as there isnt too much mayo in the sauce or butter on the potato, that I can eat as many of these as often as I like? I mean obviously 5 a day wont do me any good. But would eating them every other day be unhealthy for me? Or less healthy than, say a chicken baguette with salad?

James

Re: Baked Potatos

Dude, I just made a Pizza Baked Potato..with butter, Mozerella Cheese and diced pepperoni and a little bacon...with a few pineapple chunks..

It was great..I was high...

many great foods were invented while having the munchies! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

As soon as I read your first line I said to myself, dude had to be high! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I love baked potatos myself, but I have become addicted to steaming them. Takes on a whole new flavor.

I eat everything, except meat of course, steamed. You don't cook out all of the vitamins and shit that way. And I've pretty much cut fried foods out. Don't know why, but most of it just started tasting like shit to me. So, mostly baked or grilled meats and steamed veggies makes for a healthier diet.

Now if I could just stomache light beer instead of these heavy stouts and ales I'll be doing fine! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

One thing to remember, potatoes have lots of carbohydrates. If you're a carb-nut, you need to know that.

Also they contain lots of starch.

I used to eat like a pig. Always had 2 plates of food at dinner. No matter what it was, my Mom always had to make "one extra" portion (since there were 4 of us total, she had to cook like there were 5 of us) so I could have "seconds".

One day I realized what I was doing and stopped. Took forever to convince her that the food was still good as it ever was, I just did not want to eat that much anymore [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

After a few months of that, I lost a good bit of weight and visible fatness.

Even now if I'm having some of this and that - just snacking around the house - I'll suddenly stop and wait a few minutes for the "fullness" to set in, rather than eating continuously until I feel full.

Lately I've been eating grapes, yogurt, and salads, rather than cakes, cookies, and ham sammiches (got kinda burnt out on ham from Christmas through New Years - still can't eat it like I used to), and somewhere in there I lost 7 pounds.

Of course, I hit Domino's and put it all back on, but I'll yo-yo for a while [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

NEWC, there was this one night when I lost 7 lbs of yogurt myself...

I agree with everything NEWC just said, even tho I didn't read most of his post! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            NEWC, there was this one night when I lost 7 lbs of yogurt myself...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lost seven pounds of yogurt? I hope you found it... somewhere.

You were prolly high and just ate it all....

Comment

I hope Bill didn't eat his yogurt [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

No...I just lost 7 lbs of yogurt once...I was a little "edgy" that night...whew.. what a load off that was..

I was taught by the great Peter North ...The Uli Roth of the penis!

Comment

Haha Cheers Newc for the only helpful answer!!! I thought it was just a case of watching the carbs.
                  Everyone else - [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

And that pineapple baked potato sounds amazing

Comment

Bill does bad things with pineapples...

Comment

If you train hard enough at the gym you could eat anything you want for lunch. Its dinner and after dinner snacks you have to worry about. Eat a good breakfast, a really good lunch and a moderate to light dinner. You can have an after dinner snack but don't have ANY after 7:00pm. Drink 8 16oz of COLD water per day. Gulp it. Cold water speeds up your metabolism and will make you burn more calories.

Comment

You can eat anything you want and be all BEEFCAKE (><) (like me)...I'm too sexy...too sexy for my abs..to sexy for my abs..it flabs! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Why are potatos so damn expensive? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] A ratty-ass 10lbs bag costs $3.00. I am in my own "Potato Famine". I just will not pay that much for spuds. Rice is nice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Why are potatos so damn expensive? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] A ratty-ass 10lbs bag costs $3.00. I am in my own "Potato Famine". I just will not pay that much for spuds. Rice is nice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be joking... $3.00 for 10lbs of spuds is money well spent. A box of no-nutritional value cereal that isn't even edible until you buy milk for it will run you $4.00 for 1 box!! Now thats a rip-off.

Comment

Working...
                              X