X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who needs a guitar anyway..........

it is as real as...

I take a guitar and do a "Def Leppard"
    I record every single note, from low open string E to high E string 24 fret E. I also could use 7 string guitar or whatnot.
    Each note has it's own file.
    First Octave notes would be like this: C is C1.wav C# is C#1.wav D is D.wav etc.
    The second ocatve nots would be: C is C2.wav C# is C#2.wav etc.
    And so on.
    Then I would record every onte while playing each note with pinch harmonic technique. The first octave C with pinch harmonic would be C1ph.wav
    Then I would record every note by using vibrato on each one, the first octave C with vibrato would be C1v.wav
    ..... bend, first octave C with bend C1b.wav
    ...... hammer-on first octave C with hammeron C1ho.wav
    ......natural harmonic first octave C with natural harmonic C1nh.wav
    etc. etc. etc.

hey this shit has existed for a long time, it's called the Soundfonts wich can be used with sampler program like Fruity Loops

ok. now I code a program so when I press Q it would play the first octave C, when I press the W, it plays the first octave C# etc.
    When I hold on the shift and press Q it plays the second ocatave C
    When I hold on on the alt button and press Q then it would play me the first octave C with pinch harmonic
    etc. etc. etc. until all the possible combinations are done.

Now I start playing, I press Q and I and woila, I hear the C power chord, the computer plays the C1.wav and the G1.wav files. I press down hold the shift and press Q, T and I and I have a second octave C major chord. The computer plays the C2.wav, E2.wav and G2.wav files.

IMO this is fake.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

It's NOT fake... I've seen this first hand. My friend played all kinds of things on the one in the mall where he worked, including some killer sounding guitar stuff. It doesn't take as much talent to play one of these IMO.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I saw a couple of instances where the keys didn't match what I heard. Look back near the trills section. It looks like he had already played those keys and regular notes came out. He then hit the same keys and it produced different notes that were trilled. I saw other instances where the fingering didn't match up with what I was hearing. Sometimes it looked like he didn't use the wheel yet I still heard vibrato. hmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed the vibrato thing too.. I was wondering on that as well, the expression could be in the program as there were also slides to the note phrasing. ahh well...I guess I'll say, I agree to disagree on it. Unless someone is standing there to vouch in as witness person, you're gonna have differing opinion on it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          I saw a couple of instances where the keys didn't match what I heard. Look back near the trills section. It looks like he had already played those keys and regular notes came out. He then hit the same keys and it produced different notes that were trilled. I saw other instances where the fingering didn't match up with what I was hearing. Sometimes it looked like he didn't use the wheel yet I still heard vibrato. hmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed the vibrato thing too.. I was wondering on that as well, the expression could be in the program as there were also slides to the note phrasing. ahh well...I guess I'll say, I agree to disagree on it. Unless someone is standing there to vouch in as witness person, you're gonna have differing opinion on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a cool video though. Thats for sure.

Comment

he might use an expression pedal-certainly split the keyboard into many banks with the lower octave key range used as the tone shapers

Comment

Working...
            X