need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advice

a friend of mine is looking to buy a pa system..she not too sure wat kind of a setup she wants but she knows she doesnt want to go past 850watss and wants the keep the budget no more than $700 bucks..any recommendations ona certain make/model? new or used?

Re: need some advice

It depends what kind of venues the PA is going to be used at, You may want to have alittle more wattage and headroom, a live sound guy i know ended up blowing something of his pa as it was getting pushed a little more....

Peavy make some nice PA stuff, Behringer may make some good PA stuff....

What budget is she looking at?

Ozz

Comment

What is the application? How many inputs? $700 isn't much when looking at PA gear.
      "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

like stated above..shes looking in the $750-800 range. Shes ina ska band and needs to compete with a full stack and an ampeg rig. She says it needs to be able to hold up during pratices and small gigs (halls, litte bars/clubs and backyard type gigs) I'll take a look at peaveys line and see what they have...

Comment

Check out Carvin.

http://www.carvin.com/soundsystems/
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thanks for the link [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

what setup do you guys recommend?

Comment

If it's just going to be a vocal pa and not needed for miking drums and amps, then a small p.a. would be just fine. Higher frequencies are easier to amplify than lower frequencies - vocals and guitars can be loud enough with 50W for small/medium places but bass needs at least 100W for the same room.

Anyhoo, 850 watts will be plenty for the sizes of places she's looking at.

For the Carvin setup, I'd go with this:
              http://www.carvin.com/products/singl...-1230&CID=SYS1
              (only rig they have in her price and power range)

And maybe add two small spot/reference monitors if someone else in the band needs to hear the vocals or guitar for cues (my drummer wanted a line from my guitar rig next to him so we were always in sync).
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X