Cruises - Who's gone on em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cruises - Who\'s gone on em?

After a lot of comparing side by side and hearing from my girlfriend about different cruises, we opted for Disney 2 years ago. One of the deciding factors was the fact that the a few of the lines have the gratuities already included in your price and the staff tends to be a tad rude rather than trying to earn your tips.

It was right around $1500 each including airfare for the 4 day Cruise but you could easily dump another $600 or more per person on all the side activites and drinks. We like the beach a lot so we didn't spend too much on the side activites and opted to lounge on the Disney Island one day and the Blue Lagoon the other. If memory servers, to swim with the dolphins on one of the islands was like $90 a person and we decided not to since they really limited your interaction with them. It's not like you could hitch a ride on a fin and go skiing. We did the Seaworld thing not too far from the Disney port and was able to pet the dolphins there as well as Stingrays. Here are some pics.

Disney Cruise Pictures

Matt

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the great info guys [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I think I'm gonna book it by the end of August before my nephew goes back to school. It seems to be the cheapest too around that time. My mom's 55, it's time to give her a real vacation, not just hanging out with family in another state. I think I'll do Carnival, but I'm gonna check into Disney because I think my nephew might like it more. Hey Matt, I don't know what I was smokin or drinking at the time i looked at your pics, but for a split second, you looked like Jeff Hanneman from Slayer [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was like "holy crap, is that the guy from Slayer hangin with Mickey Mouse!?". Maybe it's just me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

My wife and I did the Cozumel run on Carnival a year or so ago. Like some of the other guys mentioned, all food and tips were included. Every last one of the staff we encountered worked their ass off to make sure we had a good time. We did however, spend enough money on booze to have brought someone else with us. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        The Buzzard does not fear
        The man in riot gear
        Harvest a skull of stone
        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

My primary concern would be sending someone who's 55 on a cruise with a daughter roughly half her age and a child - someone's not going to be pleased with either crowd - the odler folks can't rest with the "kids" (grandkids, teenagers, 20-somethings) all over the place, the children have nothing to do hanging out with the "old people", and the sister in the middle probably won't have fun in either one as long as she has to "play mommy" all the time.

I'd send the Mom and Sister and leave the nephew at home.

But that's just me.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I see your point, but my mom's energetic as hell for a 55 year old lady. And she has a better time with family rather than by herself (we're very close with each other unlike some people who can't wait to get away from each other). It's trying to figure out which cruise will have something for all of em to enjoy...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I think I'm gonna book it by the end of August before my nephew goes back to school. It seems to be the cheapest too around that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because it's hurricane season [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, you should be OK

Comment

I went on a 2 week Canada and Alaska cruise years ago.Awesome.Im gonna go again one day.My grandparents took me and my older cousins.First time I got drunk and I didnt puke either.Good times...
                "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

A couple years ago, I took my family on the Disney Cruise. We did the 4 days land, 3 days cruise. After the trip, we wished that we could've done 7 days cruise. It was awesome. Kids loved it. We loved it. Check this out. They have FREE day care, and the kids can't wait to go because mickey mouse and goofy are there. it's like pulling teeth to get them OUT of day care. They also had these musical shows that were very well done. They had humor for the kids and humor for the adults. Dinners were a blast, too. Great food, and no stress about your kids being loud or making a mess! I'm jonesing for the next one.

Word of warning. If you have a kid that's not potty trained, then they will charge you for taking care of that kid, and there's a sign up sheet for that service.

Finally, I don't know what it would be like for a single guy, but there were definitely some single mothers there. some of them pretty hot. who knows, it might be the best place to get laid. could be foolish decision, could be a genius decision!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

single mothers - always a foolish decision [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                    X