weird covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird covers

The other thread about bad covers reminds me of two bands. Laibach and the Residents. Laibach has whole albums of covers, Sympathy for the Devil, Let It Be, or Jesus Christ Superstar. If you've never heard Laibach perhaps the best I can say is "try before you buy." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The Residents do a FANTASTIC Elvis album called "The King and Eye" that tells a version of Elvis's story through interpretations of his songs which are also interspersed with a grandpappy telling an Elvis parable to kids. I love this kind stuff and I bring it up looking for suggestions for similar work.

Re: weird covers

There's a dude called Grum Lee who does acoustic versions of Slayer, Tool, Behemoth, Sepultura, and pop and rock stuff too. Very...odd.

http://www.grumlee.com/thefullmonty/
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Holy shit, that guy does Burning Angel by Arch Enemy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

We Will Rise is pretty shitty too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Checking out Cthulu Dawn by Cradle of Filth.

Comment

Oh, I should have warned you that when I said "odd" I meant BAD. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I swear to God I did that Aces High cover. I know I sounded just like that a couple of drunken nights ago sitting on the couch with an acoustic guitar trying to play up to speed and sing.

Comment

I'm pissing my pants here. Digging the Grave, Dead Embryonic Cells. Seasons in the Abyss.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] French people are hilarious!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

His guitar is ALWAYS out of tune too! Fucking ace!!!

Comment

grum lee has been as busy man. The master of puppets cover was physically painful to endure, like a retching fit with recurring dry heaves that come back over and over long after you've emptied your guts down to you toes. I like straight up bad stuff as much as the next guy but I don't think I'll be downloading a bunch of this guys stuff.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I don't think I'll be downloading a bunch of this guys stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I downloaded all of it and burned it to CDR. It's great for clearing out a party. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

That guy is great!! I might have to D/L his stuff.

I like Laibach as well. I have a handful of their CDs. I saw them quite a few years ago. It was pretty funny. They actually have some good albums and then they have some real stinkers. They are supposed to be music for their political party (NSK) or something like that.

Comment

I can picture that. "Time to go folks...or I'll play 'oooo baby it's a wild world' again. Actually, this guy is starting to grow on me. The kazoo break was great. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, another Laibach fan. Have you ever checked out the Residents? I can just imagine the policy of the Laibach Party.

Comment

Hayseed Dixie doing AC/DC covers ala blue grass is one to check out.

Comment

Tori Amos did a cover of Raining Blood by Slayer..not sure what albums its on but I've heard it. Its actually...not bad?!

[ QUOTE ]
                              There's a dude called Grum Lee who does acoustic versions of Slayer, Tool, Behemoth, Sepultura, and pop and rock stuff too. Very...odd.

http://www.grumlee.com/thefullmonty/

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Holy fucking shit. The cover of Deadly Sinners is the worst thing I have ever heard in my entire life. Ever. I am just blown away by the level of crappiness.

Comment

Working...
                              X