Advice on shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on shipping?

I just sold my 5150 combo and now I need to figure out the best way to securly package it to withstand the onslaught on the FedEx gorillas. Can anyone suggest the best way to box/package the amp for shipping? Some how I don't think foam peanuts will suffice as protection.

Thanks

Re: Advice on shipping?

I would wrap the amp in bubblewrap, then box it, then get a slightly bigger box and fill that with foam peanuts and put the smaller box in the bigger box. It's a pain in the ass, but I can't think of any better way.

Comment

I've gotten a couple amps that people have used expanding foam (such as "Great Stuff" shot into a trash bag that was wraped around the amp thus encapsulating it, they were a pain to open but you can't beat it for protection
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I'd build a small wooden crate for it. A couple fo pieces of 2x4 for base and a couple of 1x's for the top and sides and you're in business. Or just all 1x's to make it lighter.

Put some bubble wrap around it and then box it up and you'll have the safest shipping container... not the lightest though!
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I've gotten a couple amps that people have used expanding foam (such as "Great Stuff" shot into a trash bag that was wraped around the amp thus encapsulating it, they were a pain to open but you can't beat it for protection

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the replies. This is what I had thought of doing. Cheap and seems like it would really offer nice protection.

Comment

reinforce the corners with the same thing they use in mail...full length cardboard corners that go from bottom to top...clear wrap those or tape in place..put the amp in a bag if you use anything loose like peanuts. Nothing worse than having to spend hours taking your new item apart and vacuuming peanut & styro pieces out.

The foam forming stuff is great, but you want to be careful not to have it so tight it'll break the back. I'd wrap it in bubble wrap first.

Comment

Working...
            X