Carpal Tunnel Surgery Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpal Tunnel Surgery Time

Well guys my doctor has pretty much ordered me now to get both om Carpal Tunnel wrists operated on. for you guys who have had it done, what is the down(off work time) for each of them? Has it helped you? My doctor said it is so bad that I am losing muscle definition in my hands!! No I can see why I can`t play my guitars so well anymore and only for no more than 15 minutes at a time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Re: Carpal Tunnel Surgery Time

Have you seen a chiopractor at all? I only ask because Carpal Tunnel is one of the most overdiagnosed conditions out there today. It might save you some surgery.

Comment

Usual recovery time is 6 weeks. I had it done, wasnt bad at all.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Good luck bro and i told you all that masterbating would catch up to you [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Devils advocate.....My best friend had it done, was painful as hell for about 3 weeks, and 6 months later, its all back and as bad as before.

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I have heard that the surgery has a terrible success rate, trying to avoid it myself but it sounds like you're a much more serious case than I am. Best of luck to you

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Have you seen a chiopractor at all? I only ask because Carpal Tunnel is one of the most overdiagnosed conditions out there today. It might save you some surgery.

[/ QUOTE ]

1+

Comment

Man, this is so confusing [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] The only reason I am contiplating it now, is because of the muscle tone loss in my hands and the fact that my doctor said if I don`t get it done, I could kill the muscles and nerves in my hands [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Jack, I'd check with a Chiropractor, or a second doctor. These guys are right, carpal tunnel is so over diagnosed.

Then again, you may have it, and you want to get it taken care of if you do.

Comment

I can appreciate that bro!! Thanks-Jack.

Comment

We've had 100% successful rehab rate at our clinic. I give much of the credit to outstanding physicians, but we also bust ass to make sure the patient is properly rehabed, as well as educated. Yes, education is extremely important. If you have the surgery, complete rehab, then go back to the same activity that caused the problem, then whose fault is that?

Our first guitarist/patient was back in about 1993. He liked to sling his guitar low, thus causing an abnormal bend in his wrist. Yea, he was into the "cool look" and he paid the price. We had him bring in his guitar, worked with him on a comfortable playing position, taught him how to play a little differently, stressed the importance of "moderation," and he's gigging weekly without complications.

Best advive, get a second opinion prior to ANY surgery.
                      "POOP"

Comment

Great info bro!! I will play guitar, but stay at about 15-30 minutes a day max and play the guitar as high as possible, but my job is the real killer, I work in a wharehouse and drive a truck also, constantly using my hands, maybe I should wear something when I work after the surgery if I go through with it? I will also do all of the necessary Rehab for sure. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

I would always get a 2nd opinion before doing any time of surgery. Your 1st doctor won't be offended. This is standard.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I'm most likely goig under the knife soon myself. I've tried about everything I have heard of but to no good.
                            Keep us posted as to how things turn out.

Comment

Hell. my Doctor a few years ago said to wear the braces at night to sleep, and that worked for a while, but now the braces don`t work anymore and the pain is worse than ever, brace or not!! Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X