Q for current/former Guitar Center employees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q for current/former Guitar Center employees

I know the staff is commissioned and every store is probably a little different, but can anyone give me a rough idea of what people make there? I need to get my ass a job and god knows the GC-Boston has a terrible sales staff currently

Re: Q for current/former Guitar Center employees

I've had many friends work there and there is a possibility to make money, just not a hell of a lot. In terms of how they live (taking into consideration it's expensive to live here), they get by and can still go out drinking once a week or every other week. So it's ok, depending on how hard you work

Comment

It's all about your conscience and how bad you want to or not want to screw people over. That's how GC works. Not all but most of the ones I've been in from California to Florida to TexAss are like that. GC is definitely all about the mighty dollar!
      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Don't do it. Get a job at a place where you can work for 9 hours and get paid for working 9 hours, instead of getting paid minimum wage if you work your ass off for 9 hours and don't sell anything. Also if you like being treated as an adult with a brain, GC might not be the place for you either.

Comment

I go to GC for used guitars. Half the time if it's not a recognized major brand (Gibson, Fender,PRS, or a popular import), the employees have no idea how much they're worth and don't take the time to find out. I bought a mint 1972 Ovation Folklore from GC w/ohsc for $240.

Lots of turnover there if that's any indication of employment viability for ya. Think GuiTarget.

Comment

Working...
          X