One mother f-in thing after another.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One mother f-in thing after another.

Okay, about 2 months ago I fouled up my right knee. The same muscle injury that is currently on my left knee. I recovered the right knee. I'm at a comfortable level with my left leg. I'm even confident enough to compete on it.

Problem is, I broke my god damned right foot. I thought it was broken on Saturday, but I said fuck it, and limped around. Sunday, hurt REALLY bad. Monday, I couldn't take it anymore, so after running my errands, I went to the ER. Well, the Dr at the ER said I've got a fracture right at some joint in my foot. I've got to go to an orthopedic doctor tomorrow. I may need a pin in it to fix it (which I'm hoping not!).

The Judo state championships will be the least of my worries though. My work makes us use up all of our time off, before going on medical leave. I've got like 12 vacation days, 6 holidays, 4 sick days, and 1 personal day left. That will keep me off for 23 work days (4 weeks and 3 days). After that, I'll go on medical leave. I'll go from my full paycheck, to a shitty one of like 150$ per week or something.

I think I'm fucked. Sorry guys, I'm venting. I'm so pissed off. Just had to take the cat to the vet. 120$. Have to buy those new tires I was talking about. Inspection is due. I think the CV joints in the car are going out. I'm possibly going to be out of work for awhile.

I guess there's no excuse to not play guitar for awhile.

Re: One mother f-in thing after another.

Life is full of peaks and valleys, no matter who you are. Just look ahead to the next peak! Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Shawn "Dr. Phil" in Tampa
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Life is full of peaks and valleys, no matter who you are. Just look ahead to the next peak! Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Shawn "Dr. Phil" in Tampa

[/ QUOTE ]

Your a good man Shawn. Great advise.
      Hang in there bro. You'll make it.

Comment

I just got off of the phone with the personel office at work. They said if I go on medical leave, I will NOT be collecting a dime while I'm off.

Comment

Medical leave only means you will not loose your job.
          Do you have disablilty insurance (short term and/or long term)?
          That is how you maintain a paycheck during situations like this.
          -Rick

Comment

Good news! I just got back from the orthopedic doctor. He said that the ER doctor was WAY over reacting.

I've got essentially a fractured toe. It's the part of the bone that connects to the joint where the ball of the foot is! It's the inside of foot side, rather than toe side.

He said I can return to work with no restrictions on Monday. If I want, and I can tolerate the pain, I can go to the Judo Championships, though he wouldn't, because it'd hurt like hell he said.

He said worst case scenario, the chunk of bone (it's not like a line fracture, but rather a piece of bone has seperated from the bone, and is kind of hanging out there) will have to be removed down the line, whenever I want.

Man, this is some sweet fucking shit! I'm ready to go fucking dancing! YEYYYYYSSSSHHHHH!!!!!

Finally some good damn luck!

Comment

Great news! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Great news! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] He only has a "toejam" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

LMAO!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah it's fucked up, I've got a paper from the ER saying fractured foot, and I've got a paper from the Ortho saying fractured toe.

Wtf? hahaha!

Comment

"There are 8 million bones in the "Naked Foot". You have just broke one of them." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] How obscure is that statement? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                      X