Strap locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strap locks

I just got home from my friendly Guitar Center with some new straplocks.
    I've had a set of the Jim Dunlop strap locks for a while but I've never liked them. This time I got some Schaller ones. I put them onthe Les Paul and sure enough.. I hate them. I hate the way that they stick way off the guitar. The strap is 3/4 inch off the guitar and now has a big ball on top of it.
    I'm going to return these and go back to the regular buttons.
    Anyone else hate the way the strap locks look?

Re: Strap locks

I had Dimarzio Cliplocks fail on me once. Now I just use the regular buttons, and avoid Yngwie-esque guitar flips.
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I use the Schallers, and nothing else.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I use the Schallers, and nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1. I can't find anything to hate about them. I suppose they hang off all weird, but the Dunlop ones I had were rediculous looking.
        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I could give a shit what the strap lock looks like. As long as it holds the guitar I'm cool with it. I like Dunlops the best. The ones that come stock on the high end Fender strats. I have them on all of my guitars except my flipper. That one has a Dimarzio clip lock system screwed into the body with 3" wood screws and carpenters glue. Those suckers are not coming out. EVER.

Comment

The Fenders come with Schaller locks. If you buy "Fender" straplocks they are just schallers in a fender bag

Comment

JG, the Fenders have the Schaller locks. Though they don't usually come with the tops (strangely enough).

Comment

I just reecently got some of these strap locks for my guitars:

They work really well.Ive used several different ones through the years.I had the older straplocks where you have a leather strip that secures your gtr as double lock.New stuff all the time.Decisions decisions....
                "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

Schallers here..and only Schallers. could care less how they look, only that they work, and after 10+ years..I have no complaints..and ALL of my guitars have them.

Comment

Whatever they are.. Thanks guys. I like the ones that come on the Fender Ultra's and the Deluxe strats. Schallers I guess. They are neeto.

Comment

I was thinking about something. For the Jim Dunlop ones I think I could drill a hole large enough for the button to go into and the top part would then sit flush with the body of the guitar.
                      Didn't the Mustain Vs come with something like that?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Whatever they are.. Thanks guys. I like the ones that come on the Fender Ultra's and the Deluxe strats. Schallers I guess. They are neeto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep jg..that's how I found Schallers was on my Strat Plus. ('95 model)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I was thinking about something. For the Jim Dunlop ones I think I could drill a hole large enough for the button to go into and the top part would then sit flush with the body of the guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's ringing bells with me. Doesn't someone offer a recessed version? Or is it that you can mount the regular version in a recess?
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

I used Schaller strap locks for years. Now I use Dunlop.

The problem I had with the Schaller is the cradle or "horseshoe" part that the strap button fit in would work it's way upside down. The problem there is the pin that went into the button wasn't long enough to actually lock it in place should the cradle end up upside down. The guitar would slip right the fuck off of it!

I have talked to some people who's noticed that same problem and others who say they've never seen it happen. I guess it may depend on how much movement is going on.

Over the years I've caught my guitars many times from falling off and I always kept my eye on the position of that cradle. Until one night...

My favorite axe fell to it's death! I knew that shit would happen eventually and it finally did. I took the schallers off, threw them away and bought some Dunlops.

I'm not saying the Dunlops are 100% safe, but I haven't had any problems yet.
                            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's ringing bells with me. Doesn't someone offer a recessed version? Or is it that you can mount the regular version in a recess?

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Yes, Dunlop offers four different versions.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/products/ac...cks/index.html

I think the Dual-Design is the best since you can use a regular strap without the need for their actual locking buttons. I prefer the DiMarzio Cliplock and Schaller over the Dunlops anyway.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X