Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strap locks

[ QUOTE ]
    I had Dimarzio Cliplocks fail on me once. Now I just use the regular buttons, and avoid Yngwie-esque guitar flips.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] You must be like the only person in the world a DiMarzio Cliplock has failed on! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Yes, Dunlop offers four different versions.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/products/ac...cks/index.html

I think the Dual-Design is the best since you can use a regular strap without the need for their actual locking buttons. I prefer the DiMarzio Cliplock and Schaller over the Dunlops anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
      ah ha! Nice work, Joe. Those flush mount ones are what I was thinking of.

ps. did you see those Instrument Strap Buttons at the bottom? "Use this button on any instrument requiring a strap." I'll have to get some for my saxophone.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

LOL That'll work. How hard is it to drill into a sax, though? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The setup I've used for a while is to cut a new hole in the strap that is not small enough to go over the button. I then take off the button, put the strap through the hole bottom first then screw it back onto the guitar. I use only black leather straps so I can do this easily. It is a pain however when I need to put the guitar into a tight case. I have to move the strap around so the case will close.
          The Jackcon/Charvel and the Ibanez buttons are prety big so the don't fail too often but the Les Paul has tiney buttons.

Comment

i don't bother with them...get a cheap strap with really tough leather and u can bearly get the strap on the pin let alone get it off... but then i had to unscrew my model 4s strap pins before i could put on a strap coz the pins were too big to fit the strap round!! ain't no way my straps are comin off in a hurry!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Dimarzio cliplock all the way for me, faultless in over 15 years
              My music:
              www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] You must be like the only person in the world a DiMarzio Cliplock has failed on! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the Cliplock itself didn't fail, per se. The screw holding the cliplock in the guitar fell out altogether. As a result, the tip of the headstock of my dinky cracked off at the B string tuner [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

should have used the correct screw then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] thats why they come with 2 thinner silver one and thicker/longer black one

unless your screw hole was already worn and buggered from over use...

is it me or does this post sound overly sexual.......

:P
                  My music:
                  www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

I've been known to unscrew the post and place a wide washer under it. It always worked for me.
                    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I've been known to unscrew the post and place a wide washer under it. It always worked for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I've done that too. Problem is that you can't take the strap off the guitar to put it into the case.

Comment

100% Schallers for me. I've put them on every single one of the 20+ guitars I've owned and never had one single failure. And they are easy on, easy off. Like other parts of your guitar, occasional maintenance is a good idea. Make sure the button is tight. Make sure the strap part is securely tightened. Make sure the plunger is full extending and working properly.

Aside from obviously locking, the main benefit I see is easy on, easy off. I hate taking straps on and off of buttons like those huge ones that some Ibanez guitars have.

Comment

Working...
                        X