i have lost it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have lost it

i work in a call centre. one of the lines i deal with is for a piece of shit entertainment system that's discontinued. from the minute the line went live, it became apparant that despite being a "technical advisor" that there is no scope for resolving tech issues over the phone at all. it's full of veheminent filth who are stupid enough to spend £4000+ on what is clearly a piss poorly designed system, and are subject to moronic contractors and couriors. we have no legitimate backup and customers expect us to be a 24hr service which we are not in addition to having crystal balls to give answers we cannot give. i have to listen to sob stories and agressive slander because parts and products are damaged, lost or simply take too long to attain. i did not ask to be put on this line, they just shoved me on it. the main line i deal with involves speaking to similar chavvy filth but this 2nd line takes the piss. i broke my headset, punched the desk and ended up passing the call to a senior staff member who only told the arsy customer the same thing. i am through with taking shit and am seriously contemplating demanding being taken off the second line or searching for another job. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: i have lost it

I feel your pain. 5 years working Directory Assistance in the Chicagoland area during a name transition. I've been where you are more times than I care to recall.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

reminds of the movie "rain maker". DENY ALL CLAIMS until the fed up customers give up. And settling with the few who have the balls to sue is more cost effective than having an EFFECTIVE support line.

this sounds like a story the local press would eat up. they always love a good scam-the-public story. return some karma that way!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

its my day off tommorow thank fuck. need a break badly.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Try addressing male customers who call in as S.I.R. It's an acronym for Stick It (in your) Rectum. Next time an irate caller dials to complain without first consulting the manual:

You: Well S.I.R. Bass management is on the rear of the amp, next to the subwoofer out. It's easy to adjust, S.I.R. Have a good day, S.I.R.

If this fails, wait for 5 seconds until you respond if you feel like you are getting caught up in the callers frustration. It will save you from saying something you may regret in the heat of the moment and it also gives the irate caller a pause as well to calm down. Don't let your job do your head in.

Comment

Sound like a frustrating job.
            Have a pint and relax a little.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Best thing I did was to start reading. Just pick up a book, get lost in the story and before you know it, I wasn't as mad as I was before.

Second best thing I did was to get the hell out of that job.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I spent my career on the phone. I dealt with stocks and bonds. Financial planners; retail customers; back office; broker-dealers, you name it. At least, I had the knowledge to do it. The questions and tasks I had to do made me an "expert". I can't imagine being on a line where I had to answer questions about (like your center) where I was never trained about the product. Now, in my private little trailer world, I don't have phone service. And, I love it. If this kinda shit gets to you, quit. If you have "People Skills", find a sales job that you can really sell the product because you believe in it and the establishment. Guitar Center? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

i don't mind dealing with scum on the main line. its the secondary line whereby we have no product backup and people just bitch at you expecting you to be some clairvoyant. the last caller just kept accusing me of shit and demanding immediate answers i don't have. fuck sky buy. they can either take me off that line or i'm jobhunting.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Well, I guess you are not a "People Person" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

sure i am - i just don't like speaking to unreasonable cantankerous donkey ass ramming uncle fuckers. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Well, I'm not talking to you anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Back in the late 90's I worked for Gateway Computers doing tech support. Sometimes it was right down rewarding to help people. Other times it sucked to the point you'd just wanted to scream.

They say the average person lasts 16 months doing tech support. I lasted 2 years. Not sure about the policies today, but back then the focus of the call was not to fix the computer, it was to get the customer off of the phone.

Very frustrating and annoying job. I'll never do it again.
                          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Tell them they have an I. D. 10(ten). T. problem...

Comment

It's a PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair).
                              I did my time on help desk 11 years ago... I would rather slit my wrists.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X