lost "even more" respect for Black Sabbath , Ozzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost "even more" respect for Black Sabbath , Ozzy

watched vh1 rock and roll hall of inductions last night. when Black Sabbath was inducted it was ozzy in the mix which was ok [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img], but no mention of dio [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Lars and James (metallica) didn't mention his name [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] when they got to the mic... didn't thank him or acknowledge him [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] they did thank sharon though [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]. sorry that's just classless. hell even skynyrd was inducted and thanked every member and former member [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]. sorry for the [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] but i was shocked by that.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: lost \"even more respect for Black Sabbath and Ozzy

Well, when I think of the Black Sabbath that got inducted, I think of the Ozzy era Sabbath. That is what got them there. Not the Dio or Gillan era Sabbath. That's just my opinion though.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i see your point... But no mention of them at all? sorry that's [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I too think of the original 4 guys when I think of Black Sabbath. The other guys did really nothing to help them get in. They could have been inducted with just their first 4 albums IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: lost \"even more respect for Black Sabbath and

Dio DEFINITELY deserves at least an honorable mention. Huge Dio fan...
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Yeah I agree that he did the right thing. He went in as Black Sabbath. No need to mentioned the other guys, they had nothing to do with it.

That would be like The Eagles going into the Hall of Fame and Don Henley having to mention Stevie Nick's name cause she sang Leather and Lace with him years later. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Yeah I agree that he did the right thing. He went in as Black Sabbath. No need to mentioned the other guys, they had nothing to do with it.

That would be like The Eagles going into the Hall of Fame and Don Henley having to mention Stevie Nick's name cause she sang Leather and Lace with him years later. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Respectfully Donald,
              What about Mob Rules and Heaven & Hell? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              Two of my favorite albums by Sabbath [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Dio didn't need to be mentioned. He isn't the reason they were inducted. The original members were.
                So.. when VH gets inducted in.. who should go? Who should be mentioned? If it wasn't for DLR there would be no VH. Period.

Comment

Those I'm not familiar with, but it seems like they were gearing toward Paranoid/Sabbath Bloody Sabbath era.

Though they had fans toward the end, I don't think Dio had the same impact as the original lineup. Kind of like Van Halen going in on the shirt tails of Gary Cherone, but like I said, I'm not very familiar with the later albums, so my opinion is just personal choice on what I remember. (many brain cells killed in that era [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Now if it was Rainbow! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I loved that group and remember going out in 1977 and buying that album. Man on a Silver Mountain, Black Sheep, those songs rocked. That was my first introduction to Ronnie and I was a HUGE Blackmore fan.
                  Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Rainbow was friggin great !!

Check out Mob Rules man...

Comment

Cause dio sucked in sabbath? Maybe that's why.

Comment

No way!!! He ruled. Mob rules is my fave sabbath album. Lost many a brain cell to that one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Cause dio sucked in sabbath? Maybe that's why.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't agree with that. Mob Rules and Heaven and Hell are good albums. I really like the direction Iommi's playing took in Mob Rules. The tone of his leads? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

But, the original lineup was being inducted on their early material, which in my opinion, is their best.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The true crime here is that VAN HALEN has not been inducted yet.

What a fucking joke.

U2 is in there...but Van Halen isn't??

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

This is true. Maybe they are waiting for Ed to sober up, like it seems they waited for Ozzy to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X