X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lost \"even more respect for Black Sabbath and

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sharon is tough, but she saved Ozzy's life in the early 80's. He would have died probably of a heroin/booz death. No early OZZY/Rhoads, OZZY/LEE, OZZY/Wylde etc., Ozzy amazingly is still going.........!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ozzy was more of a cocaine enthusiast than a heroin junky. However, I am sure he did his fair share of everything.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he shot up everthing including snorting ANTS - now that's a high [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Sharon is tough, but she saved Ozzy's life in the early 80's. He would have died probably of a heroin/booz death. No early OZZY/Rhoads, OZZY/LEE, OZZY/Wylde etc., Ozzy amazingly is still going.........!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ozzy was more of a cocaine enthusiast than a heroin junky. However, I am sure he did his fair share of everything.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he shot up everthing including snorting ANTS - now that's a high [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention lapping up Nikki Sixx's urine.....God knows how toxic that was.

As of NAMM,Doug was still with Dio,since then I am not sure. They were going to ask him to join the band permanently,but I think he is more than likely enjoying the diversity of the two situations.
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I didn't read thru the entire thread...
        But think about if they had to mention every singer that Sabbath has had over the years.

Dio (which also happens to be my favorite era of Sabbath)..
        Then you have Ian Gillan (Born Again)
        Glenn Hughes (Seventh Star)
        Tony Martin (rest of the catalogue until Ozzy's return)
        Not to mention the silent 5th member Geoff Nicholls who played keys on every album since Heaven And Hell.

I realize they only inducted the original 4 classic lineup, which indeed they should've. So quit your cryin' about who they DIDN'T mention.

[/ QUOTE ]
        What about Ray Gillen? He toured with them, was writing stuff, but then they scrapped him and never did an album with him. I hear there's demos floating around with him singing.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The demo's are okay.Rays voice shined in Badlands.All the other projects ive heard, sabbath and Blue Murder, he sounded like a typical 80's singer.Jake brought out his best and vice versa.

Comment

Cool. I didn't know he did anything with Blue Murder.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

YOu can go to John Sykes web site and hear one song, i forget the name of it though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Dio should go in for his solo and Rainbow work, not for a 2-album stint with Black Sabbath.

[/ QUOTE ]
                There were actually 3, Dehumanizer f-ing ROCKS
                http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The true crime here is that VAN HALEN has not been inducted yet.

What a fucking joke.

U2 is in there...but Van Halen isn't??

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]
                  +1
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    What about Ray Gillen? He toured with them, was writing stuff, but then they scrapped him and never did an album with him. I hear there's demos floating around with him singing.

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually sorta scrapped Sabbath. They were working on the Eternal Idol album at some swanky studio in the Caribbean, and gradually other band members started leaving/were fired, until it was down to just Gillen, Iommi, and the producer in the studio. At that point, Gillen figured that Sabbath was finished and also left. He had pretty much completed all of his vocal tracks, and there are bootlegs floating around of Eternal Idol rough mixes that include his vocals. He had a slightly higher range than Tony Martin, and I think his voice fit that material better, even if Martin overall has a better voice for Sabbath-type material. I agree that Gillen really hit his stride with Badlands. RIP. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, no Van Halen..I think they inducted some local (C-town)rappers tho..some I personally beat up! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As much as we ALL love the "Dio"...gimme the horns!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The mainstream (we the people) does't know his awesome contributions...when "people" think of "Black Sabbath"...they know "paranoid"...and "Iron Man"...ummm..maybe "War Pigs"..and that's about it!!

No.."Heaven and Hell" wasn't a HUGE "hit"..maybe to us metalheads..yes it is..but not to the mainstrem ...those 'tards still think "rap" music was written for "them"! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        What I was a little curious about is the induction of people from other forms of music, nothing against Miles Davis, while Jazz and Blues may be the basis for rock and roll, it doesn't seem to me that this is correct place to honor his music. JMO

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you gotta pay respect for the elders. Lynryrd Skyrnd, who also got inducted this year, is all electrified blues. They had to get it from somewhere, whether it was a 60's group, who in turn got it from the 'fathers'.

Same situation as people like Satriani, Chicago, Santana and any other group that may be influenced by Jazz. When it comes to Miles, he wrote the book. They are the foundation and without the foundation, you don't have a first floor, second floor and so on.

I take a look at some of the bands who made it (Talking Heads) [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] and can't see how people like Miles, BB King, Wes Montgomery don't have a monument at these shows, so when one of these band gets inducted, they get filed under one of these guys. These guys (elders) are the 'folders' and everyone else are sub-folders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles invented Fusion with Bitches Brew, and incorporated some great rock/blues/jazz musicians into his band. I think his mixing of the two genres solidified his place.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Who's next Banamarama? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the brunette one best....
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Hey who has more details on the Sex Pistols telling The Rock Hall to go Fuck themselves..

Now, THAT'S Rock N' Roll!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No one owed Dio or the others any mention, especially since neither Dio nor Ian put forth the effort to memorize the Ozzy-era lyrics.
                              Dio in Sabbath will always be regarded as "Ozzy's replacement", and "replacements" do not get "in".

Should they have also mentioned Jeff Fenholt, who was in the band all of one week? Long enough to take ONE studio photo and then split to do his religious thang, and then years later publicly slam Sabbath and accuse them of performing satanic rituals?

AC/DC would be a rare exception to the fact about replacements not having equal status since Bon Scott practically hand-picked Brian Johnson to replace him.

Had Ozzy hand-picked Dio as his replacement, then things would have been different.

And Ozzy did not "leave" Black Sabbath, he was kicked out. Remember that.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Jeez you couldn't get Dio to be in the same room with Ozz..I don't think.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

From what I remember Rob Halford had to called in for frontman duty because Dio REFUSED to open for Ozzy on one occassion..

No I don't have a copy of that show..but I would love to hear Halford sitting in with Sabbath!!

Comment

Working...
                                X