Need tires, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need tires, please help

Sorry for bringing this one up again, but I was amazed at the expert advise we have here.

2003 Tahoe, not a 4x4, just regular get around town stuff. Passenger side front tire blew out (split on the inside sidewall???), so it's trash. The other three have 45K miles on them, and still look pretty good. I was going to get one tire, and switch the "new" spare tire with the opposite side, and put the "used" tire on the spare.

OEM is a Firestone Wilderness LE, 265 70 16, but these have been discontinued. Do I get a "Destonation LE" and use the Wilderness LE on the other side, or do I get two new tires, and if so, which ones are best?

I don't trust the yahoo's are tire stores, feeling they will steer me towards their highest profit tire.

We'll be keeping the Tahoe for many years, so I want something good.

Thanks for the help,

Don

Re: Need tires, please help

Are Michelin X Radial LT or Cross Terrain tires any good?

Comment

Too bad it's not a 4x4. I have these on my 1994 Toyota pickup. Over 80k miles and still plenty of tread.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Too bad it's not a 4x4. I have these on my 1994 Toyota pickup. Over 80k miles and still plenty of tread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that a way too aggressive tread for the "soccer mom's" ride.

Comment

Michelin Pilot LTX is a great tire for your Tahoe.
          Tread is street friendly but still looks good on a truck.

Here's some more info for ya... http://www.michelinman.com/catalog/t...e=6&tire=2
          -Rick

Comment

Thanks. I found a site (google searching) where people were talking highly of Firestone Destination tires. I thought this was strange, considering all the bad carma with Wilderness A/T's.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/...;f=44;t=000380

Comment

Well, unless anyone has a better idea, I found a place that still has 1 Firestone Wilderness LE, so I'm thinking of doing the original plan and just buying one tire.

Comment

Bump.

Any more suggestions for tires?

The place thought they had the tire in stock, but they didn't. They are getting one shipped from another store today, so the tire will be there this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                X