Can you spare a few good thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you spare a few good thoughts?

The other day I learned that a childhood friend of mine is going through an extremely difficult time. Jeff’s 6 year old son Justin has recently been diagnosed with a rare, inoperable form of brain cancer called Diffuse Pontine Glioma. The outcome of this cancer is not good. Once diagnosed, the survival time is an average of 9 to 12 months. As a father, I can’t imagine what Jeff and his family are going through, and how helpless they must feel.

Right now Justin is undergoing treatment at Brigham & Women’s/Dana Farber Cancer Institute, additional treatment may be needed at The Burzynski Clinic in Houston. While insurance is covering the conventional treatments at B&W/Dana Farber, treatment in Houston may not be covered.

More information about Justin’s condition and progress can be found at www.justinfund.com. A fund has been set up to assist the Bissetts in the event that treatment at the Burzynski Clinic is necessary, and a number of benefits are being held as well. While I’m not comfortable asking anyone to make a contribution, I will ask that you to keep Justin in your thoughts and hope for a miracle.

Jeff

Re: Can you spare a few good thoughts?

Sorry to hear about that. I'm a father myself and I can only imagine the heartache he's going through.
    BTW.. the link you posted has an extra . in it...
    here is the fixed link http://www.justinfund.com/
    -Rick

Comment

Java,
      You know i am thinking of Justin and sending him some serious mojo.
      Peace...
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

wow..6 years old ...that's the saddest shit man..

much postive energy his way man..I don't know what else to say..I would fall completely apart if that was my boy.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i tried to make a paypal donation but it didnt work out?-will manualy send it later when i get the time

poor lil chap

has a great name lol

Comment

Thoughts and prayers headed his way.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Will do everything I can from here,right after I hug my kids..
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Thanks guys, your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.

Comment

Thoughts going Justin's way.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very sorry to hear the news man. I can't begin to imagine what this guy is going through. My thoughts and prayers are with em

Comment

I'll be praying for him tonight...
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                      X