Any gun guys here???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any gun guys here???

I'm looking for a .44 or .45 revolver and I'm looking for a reasonable priced good quality one. Any suggestions? Also any good online retailers? I've been looking on Buds Gun Shop. I'm considering the Taurus but I'm not sure.

Re: Any gun guys here???

I sold my last revolver a couple of years ago, a Colt Anaconda .44 Mag with the 8 inch barrel. I have sold most of my guns, except 1 .22, 3 shotguns, 1 H&R Buffalo Classic .45/70 rifle and 5 Muzzleloaders. I am mostly into muzzleloaders now. Hey man, if you get a .44 Mag, check out the Ruger Super Blackhawk, single action and fun to shoot, get it with the 7 1/2 inch barrel. Jack.

Comment

Taurus are great guns for the money, go with S&W if money is not a factor, but nothing wrong at all with Taurus. Rugers are also great guns, I've pretty much owned everything out there as far as pistols go...they are kinda like guitars, theres something for everyone. Kinda depends on what you want it for.
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Kinda depends on what you want it for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Killing things is the normal de-rigur for weapons if i'm much mistaken.

man i find this thread disturbing... (take into account im British)
        My music:
        www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

I went thru about 20+ 44 mags with my dad over the last 20 years..

Out of ALL of them I kept my S & W 629 8 1/2" bbl Classic Hunter stainless with full lug and unfluted cylinder..it's a MAJOR shooter..a group that you can cover with half a dollar at 25 yards open sights..it's my main one..

S & W 629 Lou Horton 2 1/2" bbl..Snub in stainless..that baby kicks like a Mule with the wood grips..I have to put the hoage grips on it to shoot it..but it looks pretty with the wood combat grips on it!...I took that pin shooting..people couldn't believe I did that well with a snub...But I used a light magnum load and a 300 gr. bullet!

a Colt Annaconda stainless 8" bbl..that'll go up in value like my Horton.

a polished nickel Desert Eagle..

I had MANY Ruger red hawks and Super redhawks..I have NO use for them..they are VERY well built and plenty capable of some pretty hot loads..but always I hated their action.. when shooting single action..the the hammer has a "long" draw!..too long for me..a bit cumbersome in feel..we just didn't get along that well..

I love Smith and the Colt is very nice too both have VERY smooth action..but the Colts go for big bucks..if you can find one.

I'd go with a 6-8" Smith 29 in blue or better a 629 in Stainless..!!!!

I reload..well not so much anymore...got "bored" with shooting lately..too lazy.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

What I want now is the S& W 500 Magnum...I haven't decided to come off of 8 bills for one yet..plus I have to buy all the dyes and shit for reloading..that sounds too much like work..

My dad used to own the 50.cal Desert Eagle..I LOVED it..he hated it..well everytime you pulled the trigger that was about a $1.30 and they spit brass everywhere losing most of them..So we both prefer revolvers..you don't have to go runnin' 'round chasing brass!

My carry piece is a S & W 38. cal airweight bodygaurd..I had that thing forever..in the winter I put in my Jacket pocket..in the Summer..in my Jeans pocket. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The only 9MM I have is a Barreta 92..with night sights..Very nice..smokes my old service S & W..which I had to give back when I had to retire...I shot people with that gun..it means something to me..saved my ass many times..and it's gone. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I agree with Bill about the rugers, I have a couple ruger rifles and love em, but I don't care for their pistols, I currantly have a S+W 686 357 mag 8 5/8" bbl. still my favorite pistol, also a Barreta 92, 9mm. with the lazer in the grip sight (very cool) If I were to get another 44 it would be a Smith+Wesson 629, or a Colt Anaconda, I prefer the longer barrels, but the basic 6" is fine
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

"I agree with Bill about the rugers, I have a couple ruger rifles and love em, but I don't care for their pistols, I currantly have a S+W 686 357 mag 8 5/8" bbl. still my favorite pistol, also a Barreta 92, 9mm. with the lazer in the grip sight (very cool) If I were to get another 44 it would be a Smith+Wesson 629, or a Colt Anaconda, I prefer the longer barrels"

+1000 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I LOVE the Ruger Mark II 22.cal pistol with the Bull barrel..AWESOME plinkers for the money!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

My dad mounted a 4X Leapold scope on it...wow I can't believe how accurate they are..we had quite a few thru the years and they are always consistant!!

CHEAP and FUN to shoot all day!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well, if value is your main concern, the Taurus and even the Rossi revolvers are good deals. I had a couple of each. I still have a Taurus stainless in .44 Special. Well, my dad has it. I don't have any handguns anymore. As soon as I had kids they all went bye-bye. I used to love to play with them though. My favorite all time heater was my lightweight Colt Commander in .38 Super. I love the .38 Super. Just a cool little round, and so nice in a 1911 platform.

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I also would make sure to get a 44 magnum as opposed to a special. I just like the extra power you get with the magnum rounds, same with a 357 over a 38, I hand load all my rifle and pistol rounds. I've never known anyone to complain about having too much gun when they needed to use em in a tight situation.

this would be my first choice
                  http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/s...amp;isFirearm=Y
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I also would make sure to get a 44 magnum as opposed to a special. I just like the extra power you get with the magnum rounds, same with a 357 over a 38, I hand load all my rifle and pistol rounds. I've never known anyone to complain about having too much gun when they needed to use em in a tight situation.

this would be my first choice
                    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/s...amp;isFirearm=Y

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't know how many people are going to take a .44 special and keep going. It might not cook like the magnum, but it is a pumpkin' tosser.

Mike

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      Kinda depends on what you want it for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Killing things is the normal de-rigur for weapons if i'm much mistaken.

man i find this thread disturbing... (take into account im British)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we likes our guns over here, dude! Without 'em, we may still be respecting the authority of your Queen!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Let's also not forget that you guys build the finest shotguns in the world, although the Italians have made some very serious inroads into that field.

MIke

Comment

I can speak for Taurus guns. I was going to buy a Kimber 45, but I had like 1000 rounds of 9mm loaded, and I wanted to burn them off. I then went looking for a new 9mm.

They had a Rueger for around 400$, and this Taurus for 397$. It came with 2 Hi-cap mags (17 shots) and a case for that price. Brand new, full warranty for lifetime of the gun... I played around with it, liked the weight and concealability of it and bought it. (Taurus PT24/7 Pro 9mm).

I'm not that great of a shot to tell you how well it shoots, but I've read a lot of reviews that say it's awesome.

Granted I know it's not a revolver. What I'm getting at is, I never really heard of Taurus before, and I mentioned this to my girlfriends dad. He showed me this dirty harry looking gun (BIG BIG BIG) and it's a Taurus. He said it's a great gun.

My next gun purchase, if not a Kimber 45 will be a Taurus PT1911 :O

SW makes great shit too. I was going to buy one of their polymer sigma 9mm's awhile back.

Basically what I'm told is, once you get into higher quality guns, and you're spending a little bit of money, it's personal prefernce on the gun.

Comment

This gun's the shit!

http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol

This is the one I bought, it's the shit too,

http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol

Comment

I think the whole board is packing. The best I can do is vintage Marksman 45 BB gun what shoots darts. Old CrisRocks better not come to my trailer. I'll put a dart in him. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Any good sites to buy online???

Comment

Working...
                              X