• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What should I build next?

dude, do it jeff beck-style.

tele with strat stock.

Comment

wow that pointy on that looks GREAT..but very "metal"..it all depends what kind of look yer goin' for..that's a whole different look man!

Tung Oiled Mahogony would look cool with maple or rosewood...I'd go rosewood..

like my 95 San Dimas 1..Tung oiled Koa w/ birdseye maple/rosewood strat head..with all GOLD hardware including the floyd...

Yeah...that's it..do it like that..the gold hardware on a dark natural body really dresses it up nicely [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]!!!

I like birdseye maple too..in fact 3 of my 5 geetars have birdseye necks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]!!

So my choice would be the Birdseye maple/Rosewood and gold hardware...with the tung oil mahogony..NICE!!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

black pups too..of your choice!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Teles w/pointys just look cool!! thats my next project. On mine I'm going to keep the ashtray bridge and find a Jackson or Charvel neck w/ a regular nut. I have a nice black tele (PV reactor) that'll I'll be using.
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Hey look, here's (almost) a 2 hum:

[/ QUOTE ]

nice. you could go the whole hog and put black binding on the neck
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Well, if I decide to go with gold hardware, will some brass parts mix well? I'm not so good wih colors. I know I'm going to put some metal pup rings on it, so I'm thinking aluminum rings with chrome hardware or brass rings with gold if that will look right.

Comment

with gold ..go with Brass man!!!

I think!!

My Charvel SD1 Koa doesn't have pup rings..just GOLD tuners/floyd/input jack/string tree on headstock/and one volume knob..that is all.

brass should look fine if your going with the rings!!

Travis, I think we're on the same page..go figure!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Reverse Strathead Deathwarrior [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">IMHO, the whole gold/brass parts mix-n-match thing "can" work but some gold parts are really very "orangy" and look bad mixed with true brass parts. Now if the bridge and knobs were brass, then that would look great. Obviously this is just my opinion.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You can always get gold rings to match the gold hardware, you wouldn't have to go with brass.. </font>
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Do you do gold rings, Dave? I didn't see them on your site, just the aluminum and brass. Of course, I have a tendency to miss things that are right in front of my face.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Do you do gold rings, Dave? I didn't see them on your site, just the aluminum and brass. Of course, I have a tendency to miss things that are right in front of my face.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      watch out for teabaggers...
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

watch out for teabaggers...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

gold rings or no rings.. if your going with the "gold" theme on the natural.

not if it's going to clash as described..

this a teagbag free zone man..I would certainly hope!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">sorry, bro, no gold plating here - [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] </font>
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

who said anything about "plating"? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X