Hoax emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoax emails

I just got forwarded an email from someone concerning hotel key cards. The email basically explains that the key card (it looks like a blank white credit card) contains all kinds of information about you including your name, address, phone number, credit card number, the date you checked in and out, etc, etc.

If any of you have received this email, be assured that these cards contain nothing more than a magnetically encoded combination, and NOTHING ELSE. The assholes who create emails like this are just like the ones creating computer viruses, nothing more than pathetic scum, with no lives, and nothing constructive to do with their time.

Thank you for your time.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Hoax emails

Yeah, I just got the warning about the mulch termites from New Orleans. People need to get a life. It took me all of 5 minutes to verify that its bull$hit, why cant these fwd people do it?

Comment

Everything you want to know about this:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/hotelkey.asp

(Snopes article from last July)
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Who needs Wikpedia when you have Encyclopedia Rontanica??
        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Yep, I'm a hotel manager. Nothing is encoded on your keycard except for your room # and the duration of your stay, so the key will not expire during that time. The hotel Property Management System keeps all important info for repeat guests. Keeping a desk clerk from your info is impossible..it all has to go into the computer, and it's the clerk who checks you in who enters it. Just like shopping anywhere and using your credit card. The store has all of the info..and so do the employees.

Comment

Does this also mean I will not be getting $200 from Bill Gates for forwarding that email so Microsoft could test their tracer program? [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            My aunt used to send every gott-damn one of those FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! messages.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Dammit, my aunt used to do that too. Stupid aunts!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X