What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

Ok, I have this issue, and I'd like to know what you would do. I won't take this at literal advice, but it's good to know if your not alone in a decision.

I worked for a company 2 years ago that I DESPISED. I didn't like the way they treated their employees, they paid them crappy and crooked, don't appreciate good help as a company as a whole and screw employees over when it's time to go. I left hating the place more. I'm now working at another guitar store, which I love in every respect, but I'm not making enough money to make my move to Arizona. I went back to the old job to see some friends and got welcomed back with open arms so to speak. Some old managers remembered me and said hello, the old employees were warm and receptive and the manager of the store was joking around with me in the first 30 seconds I was there. I was offered a job 2x from them since leaving, and I need the money. But I would hate to give my services to a company that dosen't deserve it and I'm scarred by that place. The management I had issues with are long gone too, which makes the work enviroment easier for everyone.

Now, would you go back and work for a company you hated to get by or find some BS job somewhere else? Just something for me to think about...

- Irf -

Re: What would you do?

I'm doing that very thing right now.
    Better to stick with the evil you know than be blind sided by the one you don't.
    Besides, it's only temporary right?
    Then you can roast in the AZ sun with the rest of us out here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    -Rick

Comment

Seeing that you aren't going to be with either company for long, go for the one that pays the most. But obviously don't tell the company you plan on leaving after a while. Also to protect yourself, say you want a 1 month severance package if they fire you. tell them that's the only way you'll accept the job offer given your past experience with them.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

+ a signing bonus [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Good stuff, I was thinking the same thing. Think I'll hang for a few months, do the job without thinking about it and get outta there. Thanks fellas, it's gonna be a long couple of months [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with these guys. If the money will get you where you want to be sooner and the management jerks are gone then it might be a good move. But before you make that decision...are you going to move to AZ and screw it up like all the Californians that are moving here??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm only going for 5-6 months. Gonna attend Roberto Venn guitar building school, if I can scrape the $ together in time

Comment

Dude I've been doing something I despise for 17 years now. 13 successfully and 3 and a half horribly. Haul in $$bread any chance you can possibly get , you'll be happier for it. Money is the root of all happiness. And if you don't agree, I'll show you how to be happy with it if you want my fine tutelage. I give lessons on how to be extremely happy with lots of money. Good luck making it out to AZ IRF.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I agree with what everyone else said. Take the lame job and stick it out for as long as you need it to. Put a giant picture of an arizona sunset on your computer screen or in front of you or something. Look at it everytime you find yourself hating your job.. (insert goofy "the end justifies the means" quote here"

Where in Arizona are you going to be? I know you said you were going to go that that guitar school. My inlaws have a place in Gilbert and my sister lives in north Phoenix. My fiance keeps dropping hints that she wants to live there if we ever move our house that is almost complete. It is a pretty sweet place!

Good luck bro!

GMS
                  Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                  The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    But before you make that decision...are you going to move to AZ and screw it up like all the Californians that are moving here??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    +1,000,000 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    -Rick

Comment

here's one you can count on not moving there and screwing it up, I promise.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I was a cop in the hood for almost 13 years..I despised the people I served VERY much ..about as much as they despised me..I broke my neck on the job while fighting a perp..requiring me to take a pension.

I'd go back if I had to..and never miss a beat.

you have bills..you need money..go with what you know..until somethin' better comes along

I worked for some REAL mothefuckers man..I would pee of the grave on a daily basis..hell I'd take a dump! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          here's one you can count on not moving there and screwing it up, I promise.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Actualy, I prefer the central Cali coast over AZ anyday... just too damn expensive. I make an annual pilgrimage to my place of retirement every year. Pacific Grove, CA. frikkin beautiful!!!
                          But some of the tards that moved here from CA need to realize there is no beach and shooting traffic on your motorcycle is not only illegal here, it will get you killed very quickly.
                          -Rick

Comment

Thanks for the support guys. I think I will just take em up on the offer for awhile. The school is in Phoenix and I'm excited as hell to be going there. I might be living out of a hotel for 5-6 months, but it's cheap enough (well, cheaper than NY) and I might be able to handle it. The problem is the school goes from 8am-6pm Mon-Fri and there's an amp building class I want to take on Sat from 8am-3pm I think, which leaves NO time for a job to support myself. I think people that attend this school just have to have money or live there, I have no clue. I checked with Rentnet.com or something like that and found hotels for the month for $400 the lowest, and they aren't that bad (step up from the Bates motel [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]). And the booklet I got with the school info basically tells ya financial aid won't cover nearly enough, so it's gonna be up to me to save the $400 a month for 6 months rent, maybe $200 a month on food, whatever else on travel and money for tuition and supplies. This is gonna cost a lot, and I'm leaving everything behind to persue this, but I have a plan and this is something I always wanted to do. I'll keep ya'll updated, and thanks again [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Irfaan -

Comment

Working...
                            X