Blast beat cookie monster vocals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Darken remember me too, I'm the one who hates everything that is metal
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
      No sweat bro... but FYI... Horns666 (Bill) is absolutely the JCF Metal Guru. He knows more metal than anybody I have ever known.
      He is a living encyclopedia of all that is METAL.
      No argument here... Horns666 is the JCF metal guru... I remember that from when I first joined the board in 2002 (I know, where have I been?)... All I am saying is that I have been at this 'metal is a way of life' thing for a while too! For over 2/3 of my life now (I am 34)...

Comment

Originally posted by Darken
        Well, I didn't say that I was the new JCF metal guru now did I? Just that I am a connoisseur... which I am... 23 years of experience entitles me to that, I don't need to be self appointed of anything... that's just a fact of life!

Well that was my point... Sorry for the tone, didn't mean to step on any toes... It was kind of written tongue in cheek but you are right Horns it came across as a bit negative and snappy... sorry for that Zeegler!

No problem bro. I was about to tear you a new one, but that wouldn't accomplish anything would it.

My "better taste" comment was intended harmlessly. I of course still listen to a lot of what is considered death metal, but as Bill says, the majority of music from the genre is repetitive, mundane crap. When I say "better taste", I mean I'm just more selective in the metal I listen to. No matter what other music I listen to, I will always be a metal head!
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Darken ..if we had smileys on this new forum..we would be banging beer mugs..

Take care Bro..

See Ya guys, I'm takin' the Cobra out ...and Unleash the fuggin' fury!!

Bill Z
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Darken
            No argument here... Horns666 is the JCF metal guru... I remember that from when I first joined the board in 2002 (I know, where have I been?)... All I am saying is that I have been at this 'metal is a way of life' thing for a while too! For over 2/3 of my life now (I am 34)...
            By the way, I'm 34 too. I got Kiss Dynasty for Christmas in 1979! That was the beginning for me.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
              No problem bro. I was about to tear you a new one, but that wouldn't accomplish anything would it.

My "better taste" comment was intended harmlessly. I of course still listen to a lot of what is considered death metal, but as Bill says, the majority of music from the genre is repetitive, mundane crap. When I say "better taste", I mean I'm just more selective in the metal I listen to. No matter what other music I listen to, I will always be a metal head!
              Yeah, my comments were intended harmlessly too but they didn't read back that way! Sorry again bro!

I also agree that death metal has really stagnated in recent times... But if you still like the shit when it is well played and well written you should check out:

Necrophagist (amazing technical guitar playing)

or try
              Psycroptic (very cool guitar shredding)

Heck, even the new Cannibal Corpse album 'Kill" surprised me... I wasn't expecting much from it but it is a very enjoyable listen actually!

Peace...
              Last edited by Darken; 03-30-2006, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I am a metal GOD who swoops down from time to time on the humble JCF to be sure my metal subjects are well provided for in their metaldom!!! And blast beats kick ass(as long as you have kick ass blast beats)!!!!!! And "Pictured Life" is cool, but "Sail of Charon" is the Scorpions song that I prefer like Gardenburgers over that shit Morningstar Farms stuff. Not that Pictured Life is shit, but Morning star Farms sure is.

Comment

"Necrophagist"..EXCELLENT "death" metal ..and also check out their label mates on Willowtip records...Arsis,Alarum,Capharnaum!!!!!

and of course Sceptic, Cynic, Gory Blister, Farmakon, Lunaris, Theory In Practice, oh and my favorite of ALL "technical" death metal bands..Symbyosis..THEY RULE!!!

So much GREAT death metal..and SO much CRAP!!!

Yo, metal "GOD"..Ace..whatta ya tryin' to pull with this 666 stuff..my pud??!!

Hey guys, Where in the flying fucksticks are these smileys!!??

smiley with cock in hand

haaahaaaaaa..

Bill Z Bub
                  Last edited by horns666; 03-30-2006, 05:43 PM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey now.. the Morning Star is the one true god..

well to me he is...wink wink

winkie smileys!!

haaaahaaaa

Billy Z Bubbles

The morning Star takes his badge# 666 seriously..winkie winkie.. : P
                    Last edited by horns666; 03-30-2006, 05:48 PM.

Comment

OH BTW..NEWSFLASH..Chuck Billy of Testament was chosen just minutes ago..to front the one and only Van Halen..

Dats rite...VAN BILLY
                      Last edited by horns666; 03-30-2006, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                        By the way, I'm 34 too. I got Kiss Dynasty for Christmas in 1979! That was the beginning for me.
                        Funny that you whippersnappers are 34; In July I'll celebrate my 34th year of playing guitar (I'm 48)! I should be a lot better than I am after all that time! Seems like forever in some ways, like yesterday in others! One thing's sure, the guitar is a great companion!
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Rich we're old sexy bitches!!!

sexy bitch smiley.. : P

Comment

Now that I'm old...

Buncha damn kids.
                            Sounds like a buncha punks bangin on pots and pans and puking into microphones!

Keep that shit down...

Do I can enjoy my backgammon game and watch the Matlock.

Comment

Originally posted by aceman666
                              I am a metal GOD who swoops down from time to time on the humble JCF to be sure my metal subjects are well provided for in their metaldom!!! And blast beats kick ass(as long as you have kick ass blast beats)!!!!!! And "Pictured Life" is cool, but "Sail of Charon" is the Scorpions song that I prefer like Gardenburgers over that shit Morningstar Farms stuff. Not that Pictured Life is shit, but Morning star Farms sure is.
                              Any Scorpions with Uli is gonna have an epic solo, even if you don't like the song as much. Back in the day I couldn't quite pull of Sails of Charon, but I could manage We'll Burn The Sky pretty well - so we did it! I liked the solo to Catch Your Train a lot too; the song is "okay", but the fills and solo are killer IMO.

It's like Bill said, every genre has great bands and shit bands. I am not big on the growly vocals, but I'm starting to get used to them, and if the music behind it is good enough, I can deal with vocals that don't thrill me.
                              Anyway, if we all liked the same thing, it'd be boring!
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                                Rich we're old sexy bitches!!!

sexy bitch smiley.. : P
                                Damn right! toast smiley
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X