Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasik Surgery Tomorrow

Hey guys,

Tomorrow I fix 20 years of horrible vision. It's so bad that from 1 foot away, I can't read things in big print. The doc said I might still need my glasses, but he dosen't think I would need it all the time like I do now. I won't be able to see anything or log on for a week or so, which is gonna suck, but hopefully I'll see ya'll later. The episode of Family Guy where the show a skit of Luke Skywalker doing lasik on a person comes to mind. The old dude tells him to use the force, he does and the lightsaber goes straight through her head...yah that's what I'm expecting. Ah well, I'll see ya'll later. I'll log on tonight to see the board again, but I'm off to the doc's office to fill out some paperwork. Anyone else try this procedure yet, I'd like to hear your results.

- Irfaan -

Good luck man... hope everything goes well... I am sure it will. I haven't had the procedure done myself (yet) but I have two friends who have and they both swear by it as one of the best things they have ever done!

Comment

Hey man, you are going to love it! Truly, one of the best things I've ever done for myself. Only issue is occasional dry eye. But no regrets at all. Good luck!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I have had the surgery for 4.5 years... I hate the knife but this is as easy as pie. Recovery is easy too just follow the instructions
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Tets, dude, what happened to your name?

Irf, good luck with the procedure!
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I had it done about 4 years ago...best thing I ever did. Only issue I had was dry eyes for about 2-3 weeks. Had headaches for about a week or two (off an on, not one headache that lasted almost two weeks). My eyes would get really tired by the time I was almost ready for bed, so they would be real blurry. This only lasted about a week or so.

Now the only issue I have is haloing at night. Not a big deal though. I had my procedure on a Friday about 2:30 pm and I could see 20/15 by 9:30 the next morning.

The best advice I can give you is SLEEP really good the right after your surgery. The doc gave me some ambien and I was out. His advice was, "The longer your eyes are closed after surgery, the faster and better you will heal."

Good luck Irff.

Comment

Best of luck,Ifraan.
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Good luck and let us know how you do, I need that done badly and have been kind of reluctant to do it

Comment

I've been thinking about getting this done... let us know how it goes!
                  Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Good luck - I'm sure the force will be with you!
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That Family Guy epi was good, but you just got me thinking about the Simpsons episode where Homer refuses to use his eyedrops after surgery, and his eyes complete crust over.

all the best, hope it all goes well for you.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Well, this is the last time I'll log on till a week maybe. The doc said try not to look at TV or a computer screen for awhile as not to strain the eyes. Thanks for your replies too, sounds like I have nothing to worry about. The only reason I was worried it because I have astigmatism and my eyesight is REALLY bad, so I didn't think they couldn't fix it beyond a point, but he said I might not need the glasses after this. Ah crap man, going without this board for a day got me nuts, and now I have to rest and sleep and do nothing for a few days. Sounds like doing nothing is fun, but I'm gonna go nuts. Alrighty fellas, thanks again for the kind words, I'll see ya in a few days!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B
                          Tets, dude, what happened to your name?

Irf, good luck with the procedure!

HAHAHAHA Just had Jeremy change it
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Good Luck Irfaaniman!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey guys,

It's been a few days, but the doc said I'm recovering a lot faster than most, most likely cause I'm younger than most of his patients. 2 hours after the surgery, I took a peak at the world through my huge 70's looking sunglasses and goggles and I could see beautifully! It's been 3 days now and I can see without the glasses completely. My vision has been going back and fourth and will continue to do so for the next couple of weeks, but during my follow up, I was 2 letters away on the letter chart from 20/20 vision, and the doc said I might get the full 20/20 in a few weeks when my vision stabilizes. Just to give you an idea of how it was before, ya remember those old school eye charts with the huge "E" on top, I couldn't see it without my glasses. It was just a black blur, so I'm amazed how well this procedure worked. I'm still resting it for the part, but I had to check in and see what's going on here quick.

The sucky part is my eyes should be closed most of the time for the first couple of days, so I'm bored as hell, but the MP3 player saves me there. Ah well, just checkin in, hope all is good with the rest of you. Now I gotta figure out how to get rid of these dark circles around my eyes I never noticed before but the overall feeling right now is

New icons, nice

Comment

Working...
                              X