Lasik Surgery Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you don't need your eyes open to play with yourself

glad to hear everything went well. Nice to see you back.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

That's killer.

I'm 18 (almost 19) and considering it (though I've been wearing specs for 10 years) - my friend's mom had it done, and all she complained of were some dry eyes - got any of that?

I'm scared shitless to actually have the procedure done though. I have an eye "thing" - eyes just weird me out, I cant watch chicks put on eyeliner or anything, and that scene where they hold Alex's eyes open in Clockwork Orange was always the worst part of the movie for me. Eep!

Of course, I cant imagine how weird I'd look without my specs!

Comment

Originally posted by cloudnine
        That's killer.

I'm 18 (almost 19) and considering it (though I've been wearing specs for 10 years) - my friend's mom had it done, and all she complained of were some dry eyes - got any of that?

I'm scared shitless to actually have the procedure done though. I have an eye "thing" - eyes just weird me out, I cant watch chicks put on eyeliner or anything, and that scene where they hold Alex's eyes open in Clockwork Orange was always the worst part of the movie for me. Eep!

Of course, I cant imagine how weird I'd look without my specs!
        I'd actually wait a few years to see what your eyes do in terms of getting better or worse, but there is dryness which is expected. My eyes this morning were dry as hell, you have to put 1 drop of 2 different medicines every 2 hours in each eye for a week and 1 drop of some sort of artificial tears to keep the eye moist every hour for the next 3 months roughly, your doctor will determine when you should stop.

If you have an eye "thing", I'd get over it or reconsider this surgery. There is no pain whatsoever, just discomfort, but it freaked me the hell out when the doc was touching my eyeball, and I saw my cornea (flap on top the eye, I think that's what it's called) being removed and felt him put a cover on the whites of my eyes. It's all mental dude, it's nuts. Then I swear I smelled a burning smell (didn't feel it though) when the laser was going, but nothing burned, so he probably caught an eyelash or something, but everything seems to be intact, so maybe it was just my eyes. Your awake for the whole thing and it only took about 7 minutes, prep and all (tying the hair back, cleaning around the eyes, putting plastic pieces under the eyelids to hold em open, and the actual procedure in total. I've been wearing glasses since I was 6 or 7, so I'm freaking out a bit too. Kinda feel like a newborn who's just looking around at different things for the first time

Comment

thanks man. Now you've got my eyes watering
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
          X