Need continuing education advice..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need continuing education advice..

I have been working in sales for a total of nearly 4 years. My current job pays the bills with a little left over. I spent around 6 months doing custom home theater, satellite, phone, cable, etc installation with some people I knew around here. I fell in love with it. The companies I worked with were horrible but I loved what I was doing... and for not having any formal education or training besides some physics classes in college, I did very well. I have always had a knack this sort of thing. I loved it because I could work by myself or with a group of 2-3 guys, spend the day working on a house (this was all new construction), get paid much better than what I am getting paid now, and enjoy myself much more. My current job is not all I thought it would be quite frankly, I am getting tired of the customer service aspect... plus I am not sure how well I really like sales in this field. I like interacting with people very much, however it seems like everyday I have someone come in who tries to hide behind the color of their skin for special treatment. It makes me sick. I will stop here otherwise I am going to go into a rant..

So ya long story short, I am thinking about pursuing a new career. I have my two year associates degree and I am wondering if anyone with any low voltage electrical experience would give me some ideas on classes or degrees to pursue. There is a tech school near me that I went to for a semester, as well as a 4 year school (St. Cloud St U) near me.

GMS
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race
Working...
X