Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well guys and girls its been about 4 years on here haha and Ive finally got an avatar back.
    If anyone wants a full size glossyprint of me grinning like a cock then PM me your name and address

James

how much is postage?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Ill just march on down to jolly old londontown and send it with the next boatload of convicts that we so sensibly sent to one of the nicest and most beautiful places on God great Earth....

See what I did there! An insult and a compliment, you should see me with the ladies!!! ("That top is great, it draws the attention away from your face...")

Just noticed that you're from Toowoomba. I used to speak to someone online who lived there when I first got the internet. Where you'd just go "Where are you from?" and they'd say "Australia" and I'd say "Wow" then proceed to ask if they could get the same things over there etc etc.

What region are the DVDs in Australia?...

James

Comment

I've only just moved to Toowoomba. Geoffrey Rush's hometown, FWIW

Have lived in Brisbane for as long as I've been on the JCF.

Region 4 DVDs down here.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Ah cool. Ive got a friend with family over there (dont ask me where) and he wont stop going on about how nice it is. I also work with a guy from Queensland. He's called Joe, do you know him?

Did you ever watch the Australian tv show 'The Adventures of Lano and Woodley'?

God I love that!!! Its the funniest thing ever!!! Its probably made for pre-school children but I dont care!!!

James

Comment

ah yea, good ol' Joe. know him well.

surprisingly enough, Lano & Woodley's show was made for adults. We still get to see them daily over here, not on 'The Adventures of...', but they do bits on the Comedy Channel.

You familiar with The Umbilical Brothers? Well worth checking out. Very funny guys.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah I'd seen Lano & Woodley doing stand up and thought it was excellent as well. Ill have to check out the Umbilical Brothers.
              Do you know of any online dvd shops where I could buy the Lano and Woodley dvds from? One that might post internationally? I actually ordered a VHS of the first 2 episodes of Series 1 and I watch it over and over again, but I cant remember where I got it from!

Thanks

James

Comment

It's the James & Gary Show!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hahahaha

James

Comment

this thread rules! seriously! hey gary, i'm sure this is way passe, but are you familiar with the comedy team called the flight of the conchord (something like that)? i saw an hbo comedy special of theirs and it was fuckin hilarious. and yeah, i know, they're from NZ and it's not the same. but you can't go wrong with guys who sing a folk song called "alby the racist dragon!"
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

yea, I've heard of them. Not bad for a couple of Kiwis

If they become a huge international success, we'll claim them as Aussies. It's what we do - check Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman, AC/DC, The Bee Gees, Russell Crowe, etc etc.

I saw the Conchords for the first time on the Melbourne International Comedy Festival tv special a couple of years ago. I was expecting to be mildly amused at best, as I usually am by musical comedy acts, but they were very very funny.

speaking of musical comedy acts, I'm sure you're familiar with Corky & The Juice Pigs? How about Tripod? Or my favourite, out of Canberra and pretty popular in the UK back in the day, The Doug Anthony Allstars? Some of the DAAS stuff is a bit sophomoric at times, but they just tickle my fancy.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Toowoomba? If you aren't married, I know a very wild girl from your town, blond, early 30's...

Comment

Does she fancy a weekend in Scotland?

Comment

wa-hey! What's her name?

oh hang on, I am married. Never mind
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Gary - know any good websites where I could get a Lano and Woodley DVD from?

Comment

Working...
                              X