No announcement yet.

wish me luck!!! drs apt to have my heart checked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey....truly wish you well and good luck.

I too have some heart issues going on unfortunately, and I'm also looking at early medical retirement from the Marine Corps due to it also.

I had 2 stress tests, one military and one civilian which I failed both, and I also had the nuclear heart imaging done (shudder at that memory).

It's not a fun time bro...trust me, I know what you're feeling.

Good luck...hopefully the doctors you are going to are better than the horse doctor swine I've been relegated to see.

Comment

You'll do fine my friend. Toprol XL and aspirin every day help keep me upright. I've been battling an irregular heartbeat for years, but seem to have it in check for now. Just can't give up my vices, or I'd do a lot better.
      Last edited by Flametop; 03-31-2006, 11:15 PM.
      The Buzzard does not fear
      The man in riot gear
      Harvest a skull of stone
      The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Originally posted by Flametop
        You'll do fine my friend. Topral XL and aspirin every day help keep me upright. I've been battling an irregular heartbeat for years, but seem to have it in check for now. Just can't give up my vices, or I'd do a lot better.
        Yeah, I take Toprol XL also! Here's my complete list:

Toprol XL (blood pressure/heart)
        Clonidine (blood pressure)
        Digoxin (heart regulator)
        Lotrel (combo of Norvasc and Prinivil) (Blood Pressure/kidneys)
        Metaglip (combo Glucophage and Glipizide) (diabetes)
        Lasix (diuretic)
        Maxzide (diuretic)
        Atacand (blood pressure)
        Lipitor (cholesterol)
        Plavix (blood platelet declotter)
        ICAR-C+ (iron supplement)
        Enteric aspirin (heart)
        Paxil (anxiety)

That adds up to 20 pills a day (some of those are multiple doses per day)
        but it beats the hell out of the alternative! Good thing I got used to swallowing pills when I was a doper!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Good luck dude!

Comment

Best of luck,Dude....Stick it out til the end,but judging by what my plant manager has gone through in the past year,you may want to schedule a day off for the 12th.Granted the guy drinks like a fish and smokes like a chimney,but he is gone for 2 or 3 days after his stress test(we all know he milks it for all he can).
            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
              Yeah, I take Toprol XL also! Here's my complete list:

Toprol XL (blood pressure/heart)
              Clonidine (blood pressure)
              Digoxin (heart regulator)
              Lotrel (combo of Norvasc and Prinivil) (Blood Pressure/kidneys)
              Metaglip (combo Glucophage and Glipizide) (diabetes)
              Lasix (diuretic)
              Maxzide (diuretic)
              Atacand (blood pressure)
              Lipitor (cholesterol)
              Plavix (blood platelet declotter)
              ICAR-C+ (iron supplement)
              Enteric aspirin (heart)
              Paxil (anxiety)

That adds up to 20 pills a day (some of those are multiple doses per day)
              but it beats the hell out of the alternative! Good thing I got used to swallowing pills when I was a doper!

wow what a list....

right now i am not on medical leave cause of this, i do hate taking pills but if it makes me better i dont care.... its nice hearing many of you that has gone threw what i am going threw and still going threw some of it. some of my friends are like its nothing its all easy etc, but untill u have to go threw this then most dont relize... scary times ahead. but i am willing to for my kids and wife sake and mine also. i wanna be around for many more years, and play and buy many more jackson in the years to come....

so thanks again to all of you , and what a great forum.....

thanks Ken

Comment

ok well i had the stress test on tuesday, i lasted the ten mins they require for my age of 30, now its just a waiting game for the call from the dr of how things went.. the dr cant tell em anythign he said its up the the drs who review the test...

now i am stresse out waiting...lol

will post here once i find out anything...

thanks Monster

Comment

Ken....

All good bro...and remember...NO FREEKIN' STRESS! You don't need to get your BP up!

Keep us posted!

~Ken

Comment

Working...
                  X