I posted something similar a couple months ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I posted something similar a couple months ago

OK....I posted something a few months ago asking how many peeps here indulge in techno/trance/nrg/house/tribal etc......

I've been listening to nothing but the past 2 months or so, and I found it to be clearing my head to write and have new inspiration. The shit I've been coming up with is nothing short of killer....unlike anything I've ever written before. I hear of a lot of musicians (a lot of metal guys too) stray outside of their own genre entirely to find inspiration to write, and that works for me as well.

I've become kinda addicted to trance and progressive in the process, and can't wait to go to a rave with my girlfriend who is a seasoned raver.
    My favrite DJs/Producers are Armin Van Buuren (NL), Paul Van Dyk (NL), and Paul Oakenfold (UK)

Anyone else ever hear of these guys?...and also...any of the n00bs here into EDM as well?

Just thought I'd share

Anything but trance/hard-style/hardcore/euro-dance I'm fine with.

In fact I'm an electronical music DJ myself, chillout/lounge/acid jazz/house/tribal/jungle/dnb/downbeat/trip-hop/ambinet/breakbeat/industrial are my specialties

I'll play tonight btw. in one cool party, I hope to nail some cool chicks too.
    Last edited by Endrik; 03-31-2006, 11:19 AM.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I only just got into this under a year ago, but only began getting SERIOUSLY into it. I may even try spinning at some point. I know I am getting a KORG Triton to start putting some projects together.

Comment

Only the hard and dark brutal dnb shakes my bones, the atmosphere and harshness rocks. Brutal gabba stuff can be cool, and of course industrial owns.

The best aus artists I've been put on to (through metalheads!) have been Snog and GGFH.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
          Armin Van Buuren (NL), Paul Van Dyk (NL)

Anyone else ever hear of these guys?...
          Yup, I know those dutchies. Don't care for this kind of music at all.. the only band I like that comes close is Daft Punk..

You probably also know Tiëtso, he played on the olympic openingceremony in Greece '04. He owns a store a nearby.. he seems like a nice dude.
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Yep...I know Tiëtso as well...
            I have a vid of that opener he did at the Olympics.
            Amazing stuff!

I find this stuff very mind-clearing to write, as I said before.

Comment

Just out of interest, could anyone tell me what this song is please?
              Ive been trying to find out for years now!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t32M-...body%20control

Amazing video too...

James

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White

Amazing video too...

James
                That's a pretty well known one.. but I can't recall the artist or the song title.. sorry
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I guess I'm too focused on guitar stuff in my (increasingly) misspent youth.

Ah well, plenty of time to mature and stuff. :P

Comment

I used to promote huge parties with soul/ vocal/ deep/ handbag/ and garage house music/ British breaks ala X-Section and west coast breaks on the west coast in the mid 90's. Some of my friends are huge names in the industry, including the one who gave Paul O his big break. My last party had over 5000 people. Don't go to a party, if you haven't been before. It's *that* good in the beginning and in the end, it's *that* bad...

Comment

Amazing video too...

James
                      James,

YES amazing vid!! I can't ID the track...but I know someone who can.
                      I'll get back to you in a short while.

Comment

I used to promote huge parties with soul/ vocal/ deep/ handbag/ and garage house music/ British breaks ala X-Section and west coast breaks on the west coast in the mid 90's. Some of my friends are huge names in the industry, including the one who gave Paul O his big break. My last party had over 5000 people. Don't go to a party, if you haven't been before. It's *that* good in the beginning and in the end, it's *that* bad...

Cool!!
                        My girfriend used to promote the DJ's that did these parties (Raves). She was an agent for several DJ's including CIACOMIX (DE), DJ IRISH (NL), and ROB STYLES (BE)....someone might know these names too.

Comment

I love Massive Attack, and some of the stuff Tiesto does is killer.

I just like good tunes and melodies, don't care what the style of music is too much really.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Amazing video too...

James
                            I waited for the guy to SPLASH into that pond!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I love Metal..and ummmm..

that's about it..

No waite..I love lamp!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X