My first NHL game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first NHL game

I just got back from seeing my first NHL game live. I know nothing about this game, but WOW, I am hooked! I saw the Atlanta Thrashers host the Carolina Hurricanes. We had excellent seats, 5 rows back from the glass behind one of the nets. About 1:57 into the first period, an Atlanta player slammed a Carolina player into the wall and knocked his ass out! Right in front of me! Non-stop action, a few fights, and a great game. Atlanta won 5-2. I must learn as much about this game as I can. Hockey has a new fan.

Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Welcome aboard!! Hockey Rocks!! It's all about the battles within the battle.
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I like to watch hockey only when I'm drunk. I went to a sabres game a couple of months ago. It was my first live game too, and it was weird. During play, it was eerily quiet, because you can't hear all the jibber jabber commentary like when you watch it on TV, just the sticks hitting the puck, and the puck hitting the boards. I'll probably go again, but I'll take my kid next time, instead of the wife.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

hockey is a fun game to go watch live, just rem always keep a eye on were the puck is, when they slap shot that sucker at over 100mph would suck to get hit with it.... glade you fun... i can see many more post about hockey comming up... its alot different then on watching on tv...

welcome to hockey....

Comment

I have been a long Penguins fan since I was a little kid through the bad years, then the great Mario Lemieux years and now they are the worst team in the league years again, but Sidney Crosby is awsome to watch and eventually they will be decent again if they stay on Pittsburgh(long story). Jack.

Comment

Hockey live kicks ass, The rules will take a while to figure out but, before long you will get it. I bought NHL center ice and almost everynight I'll be checking out a game or two, Lots of babes at hockey games too,
            Last edited by FusionFarmer; 04-02-2006, 08:52 AM.
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Congratulations. Hockey is a great game, fastest game in the world. I've been a hockey fan since I was a toddler . Its a game that is much better suited for being ther live. I still watch a lot of it on NHL Center Ice package...I watch ALL of the Red Wings games and all the Dallas Stars games as long as they are not playing the same night.

The rules are not that difficult and once you know them and whats going on you can anticpate where the puck will move to.

here's my sons at a NHL game here in Dallas against Detroit.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Long time Bruins fan here. Hockey Rules! I love to watch and play. Played Ice Hockey as a kid for a couple of years. Unfortunately my high school didn't have a team, but spent many an afternoon playing street hockey

Comment

Hockey is fun as hell to watch especially live. My wife hates hockey, but when she goes to a game she cheers and raises as much hell as I do during the game.

Here's a pic of myself and my clan at a Pens game.

Comment

Hockey is the only american sport I like, it's the best.

GO WINGS!

F1 is the fastest sport though Shawn

Comment

You guys think it is fun to watch... try playing it. It is much more fun! I had a game yesterday and I must say as cool as it is to watch, it is much more fun to play. We won 5-3.

I try to catch a Wild game every now and then.

College hockey was the most fun I have had in a long time. I met my future wife (though we lost that game) playing hockey in college. I would rather watch college players than the pros for some reason. A lot of people I played with in high school and college are now playing D-1. I guess it is cool to see some of them play.

If the Wild made it to the playoffs, which at this point may be a statistical impossibility, I would watch the NHL non-stop. Usually once the begining of the season starts, the trade deadline comes around, and playoffs start are the only times I watch hockey. I can catch the previous day's highlights on SportsCenter in the morning before work.

Congrats on your first game Alvin! You may be hooked for life.

I wonder if Jackson guitars could make me a jersey big enough to fit around all my goalie gear? A plain black jersey with the logo on front and a number on the back. Now THAT would be cool.
                      Last edited by Thor Von Clemson; 04-02-2006, 10:26 AM.
                      Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                      The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Hockey is the best sport out there in my mind! Whether it is watching Wisconsin play, the NHL, or our local UHL team, it is a kick ass time! I love hockey! Love the action, and RESPECT the skill and endurance that it takes to play it. It is one of the MOST demanding sports to play for the athlete.

Comment

psst... the cold war is just a few weeks away!
                          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                          Amp... Pioneer
                          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonRob
                            Hockey is the best sport out there in my mind! Whether it is watching Wisconsin play, the NHL, or our local UHL team, it is a kick ass time! I love hockey! Love the action, and RESPECT the skill and endurance that it takes to play it. It is one of the MOST demanding sports to play for the athlete.

Yeah! The frozen four come up soon. Go Badgers.

Wings fan myself (same colors as the badgers) for 33 years now.

Comment

Working...
                            X