Anyone watch the F1 race last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watch the F1 race last night?

All I can say is WOW!! They have really shaken the sport up with the new rules. JB has some pretty horrible luck blowing up 10 feet from the finish line like that.

Anyone else watch it?
    Last edited by zeegler; 04-02-2006, 07:02 AM.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Alonzo is looking pretty damn good, great driver, don't see anyone beating him, Did you catch Stirling Moss talking to the reporter before the race? Talk about an Icon
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer
      Alonzo is looking pretty damn good, great driver, don't see anyone beating him, Did you catch Stirling Moss talking to the reporter before the race? Talk about an Icon
      Crap, I missed Stirling Moss. Alonso is definitely the one to beat this year. Raikkonen is probably the only other one with a shot, but with his crappy luck, he has his work cut out for him. Hopefully he won't be destined to end up like good old Stirling, and never win the title. There were some pretty cool incidents last night, no big surprise that Christian Klien was involved in one of them either. That kid is a menace.

Comment

What a great race! Action a plenty, melbourne always puts on a good show. Button's exit somes up honda in my books, they always go POP at inopportune times. My man Montoya had a bad exit aswell, but I loved the way it happened. He got a little loose on the final turn, stayed on it and kept going. Michael on that same lap does the same but understeers into the wall. Montoya later has his car shut down on the same corner and somehow manages to keep it off the wall! Amazing skill. This may have to do with some spite from the ferrari domination still, but moreso that I've always thought montoya has the best absolute car control out there, and upstaging (in some ways) the seven time world champ proves that again.

The best part? Local broadcast commentators were Murray Walker and Neil Crompton. My dream broadcast!!!

Comment

Haha, Murray is really old. He was confused as hell 10 years ago, so I can only imagine what he's like now. Does he keep referring to long-retired drivers, thinking they are still racing?

I like Montoya too, but he's on and off. He has his bad days, and makes silly mistakes sometimes, like spinning on the parade lap.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz
            What a great race! Action a plenty, melbourne always puts on a good show. Button's exit somes up honda in my books, they always go POP at inopportune times. My man Montoya had a bad exit aswell, but I loved the way it happened. He got a little loose on the final turn, stayed on it and kept going. Michael on that same lap does the same but understeers into the wall. Montoya later has his car shut down on the same corner and somehow manages to keep it off the wall! Amazing skill. This may have to do with some spite from the ferrari domination still, but moreso that I've always thought montoya has the best absolute car control out there, and upstaging (in some ways) the seven time world champ proves that again.

The best part? Local broadcast commentators were Murray Walker and Neil Crompton. My dream broadcast!!!
            Montoya not hitting the wall was pure luck m8, when the bump after the kerbs sent schu's car up in the air it was bad luck that it landed his car in the wrong direction and sent him into the wall, when the exact same thing happened to montoya it was just simple pure luck that the bump into the air sent him in slightly the other direction and his car got traction facing away from the wall and thats it, there was no 'amazing skill' at all. when a bump in the track/verge throws a car up in the air like that its pure luck of the draw how you land and when your tyres suddenly grip again, other than that Montoya had a storming race after his quite frankly pathetic schoolboy error on the formation lap. He wont be at Mclaren next year after that, that was bloody awful for someone with that much experience.

On the other note i dont know who has the worse luck JB or KR....
            My music:
            www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

the Australian grand prix is always one of the best, so even that race was nice, it doesn't say a whole lot on what's coming up next

but yeah it was a really nice race ... safety cars also helped ...

and that Boeing 400 that was flying over the circuit before the race was nice too

Comment

Originally posted by FSU_Seminoles
                and that Boeing 400 that was flying over the circuit before the race was nice too
                What about the F/A18 Hornet?

Great race. I'm sure there'll be calls for resurfacing on that corner though, considering the number of incidents it caused. Jenson's pulling up before rolling over the line with a trashed lump was shrewd, but will have probably pissed a lot of people off!

Comment

The whole engine change rule is assinine if you ask me. What the fuck difference does it make if he blows up and coasts accross the finish line, versus parking it? Same damn thing in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans
                    What about the F/A18 Hornet?

Great race. I'm sure there'll be calls for resurfacing on that corner though, considering the number of incidents it caused. Jenson's pulling up before rolling over the line with a trashed lump was shrewd, but will have probably pissed a lot of people off!
                    If you mean the last corner where Shu and montoya had their incidents than it doesnt need resurfacing, the 'bump' is actually on the grass after the kerbing ends, so technically its nothing to do with the 'surface' per se. If they hadnt been pushing too much and ran wide they both would have continued without incident.

As for the engine changes, have to agree they do spoil the 'racing' if you get knocked down the grid 10 places. But i can understand why they implemented the rule, not every team can afford 1 engine per race, hence making them last 2, but it is spoiling the racing, but i can understand the cost saving measures the ruling is trying to achieve.
                    My music:
                    www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X