Panic at the Disco and others...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja
    I never said they sold out. They changed their sound and it sucks now. The singer said that if he continued to sing the way he did he would lose his voice.
    They've always shredded, their first cd "Sounding the Seventh Trumpet" had very little. They were all about 18 when they recorded that. With Waking the Fallen they have a lot of solos. even a cool little spanishy part in one of their songs.
    Have you heard the entire City of Evil album? I'm listening to Waking The Fallen right now and I hear a band whose sound is very similar to City of Evil, just not as versatile and their playing is a little less polished. I guess if you really dig the screaming you'd miss that, but the guy couldn't go on doing that.

If you're gonna hate 'em because they put a G'N'R sounding song on the record, well they do a good job of it. Having now heard about half of WTF, I like it but think City of Evil is really a lot better. But that's from my perspective of digging old school metal. To say it sucks is not very objective, it's obviously not your cup of tea though. Don't you think it'd be boring to keep making the same record over and over anyway?

Remember, it's their career, not yours. I'd say right now they made a smart move, a lot more people will dig the COE style than the WTF style just because it's more versatile. I wish success for them because at least there's some good solos being played on alt-rock radio now!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X