I got free Stones tickets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got free Stones tickets!

I just got a call from a friend who had to get rid of some corporate seats. I didn't even know they were in Japan. I guess I should see them before they mummify.

You lucky dog, have a rip, the stones are a fun show.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

:ROTF: scalp them...you'll enjoy the money more than the show...
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Scalp them and buy a new Jackson.
        -Rick

Comment

fuck that shit-watch em,there amazing songwriters just a shame the drums and lead guitars where never as good as they should have been

Comment

Saw them for free at Toad's Place in New Haven, Ct with 60 other people back in '91. They played a great set. It lasted for 25 minutes!

Comment

I got a free ticket to them just last month, pretty good show.

J.

Comment

So I saw the show last night. The tickets would have cost $180, if we had to pay for them. We thought at that price, they were 43rd row floor seats. Nope. We were 43 rows up in the bleachers.

Ritchie Kotzen opened. It was a 30 minute set of biker bar, blues rock covers and one original tune, done for the geeky 'Gundam' fighting robot animation series. It was pointless.

The Stones? Mick was awesome. I hope I have that much energy without breaking sweat when I am his age. I think Keith would have prefered to be at home. Ronnie played well and seemed to be enjoying himself. Charlie smiled quite often. He had a huge chalk board next to him with the set list in very large text written on it. He was sure hitting the skins. I would have expected more of a light touch.

I am not a huge Stones fan, but I appreciate the legacy. I wouldn't have paid the price to see them, but I can say I was smiling throughout the show.

Comment

I've read the Stones weren't selling tickets well in Japan but heard the shows were some of best in years.

Comment

DJM, you are correct. There wasn't nearly as much advertising as there should have been, in comparison to Bon Jovi, whom I am told is well advertised. The 15,000 dome was at probably 65% capacity.

Comment

Man, I wish I had tix to the Stones
                      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

They're in China now.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X