Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado blasts Newc's hood

F-3 tornado devastates Dyer County, TN

This is where Newc lives. The town of Newbern is less than 10 miles from Dyersburg where Newc lives. Anybody heard from Newc? Hope he & his family are all OK. I emailed him yesterday, no answer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...733674,00.html
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

I'm sure Newc is fine..I hope..

Newc prolly shot the damn F-3 Tornader..with his trusty Red Rider BB gun!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I really hope he and his family are well,but it may be a few days or more before the power and other utilities are restored.We got nailed with a bad storm when I lived in the Chicago 'burbs and were without power for 4 days.I would imagine that it might take some time in more rural areas,and that resources are stretched fairly thin.
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

True, power can be out for several days in situations like this. Newc, check in ASAP please!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

...Or even weeks depending on the damage.

Hope all is OK!!...Newc, check in dude....if you can!

Comment

hope everything's okay. the place isn't the same without Dr Newcenstein!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I sure hope he and his guitar-creations are okay. This board won't run without him and his doctoral dissertations.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Newc isn't too far from me. I just saw a segment on the news about Newbern. They say it's pretty bad there and people are without power. They are working to restore it right now.

So hopefully his power is just out and he's ok...

One story from there is this one family just had minor roof damage while the fire station right across the street was totally destroyed! That family had a pile of charcoal on a table in their backyard that remained exactly as they stacked it!
                Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Damn.... Hope he is ok...

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

He's probably rebuilding himself as we speak...

Seriously, I hope it's just a power/communications issue.
                    The Buzzard does not fear
                    The man in riot gear
                    Harvest a skull of stone
                    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed...hope everything is ok.

Comment

I'll try giving him a call tomorrow it's kinda late now, Hope he & his family are all right.
                        According To The Prophecy

Comment

Newc is the man!
                          I'll have my fingers crossed for him too!

Comment

Red Rider BB Gun? Oh, no! He'll shoot his eye out.

Comment

Tornado blasts Newc's hood

> I live about 30 minutes from there,in Union City,and the media coverage of these events has gone nationwide. There is a town about 20 miles from me called Bradford,Tn that looks like someone called in an airstrike,just horrible,and several including an entire family killed. Just across the Mississippi River in Caruthersville,Mo there is an area 15 miles in length and over a 1/2 mile wide where an F-4 touched down and left nothing but scrap wood and brick. The town of Newbern has been devastated 3-4 times now,including an F-4 about 7-8 years ago. I hope he and his family are safe. Tommy D.
                              "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
                              X