No announcement yet.

Nothing better in life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

than having a paid for place to live. All the money I need. Buying lots of guitars. Hooked on only beer: cigs and cheap wine. AND NOT BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE BUT MYSELF. "I'm ALIVE at 55". Donnie, stay away from drugs.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I miss good drugs
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

AW hell yes, the blow back in mid 80s was killer, getting 8 balls with big pearly rocks in it. staying up all night snorting, drinkin, smokin, raisin hell, by 4:00 am its too late to try to sleep, gotta be at work in a few hours, might as well do a few more lines and grab a cup of coffee. how the fuck did I live thru that shit. you know what fried chicken, baseball and a beer sounds a hell of a lot better than it used to
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
          coke sucks, meth is pretty lame, but i'm open to just about anything else.
          True, but it's fun at the start, it just sucks later. As you mentioned earlier in the thread. I like painkillers and tranks better now, since I hurt all the time and that shit won't explode my heart. Vicodin, Oxycontin, Xanax, Lortab, that's more like it - with a couple of Newcastles. Not too many, gotta watch the blood sugar!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

What is best in life is a good night's sleep, then a wake 'n bake in a hot girl's bed in an interesting city with an empty day to explore before playing a good show that night. That's the life.

Comment

Why do you guys fuck with all that stuff? Drink enough beer or wine and life is good. They are foods. And are good for you when drunk in moderation all day long. The reason why I didn't do drugs is I knew I would have been hooked faster than a starving bass. I have given up sugar and I feel better. Now, if I could lose the craving for beer and cigs, I could make 60.

Comment

I don't smoke cigs, don't eat meat, don't eat much sugar, don't drink hardly any caffiene, and drink alcohol infrequently. But damn, I love my pot!!

And harder drugs, while I am by no means advocating them, expose you to mindsets and let you see life in a different way that you would never be able to otherwise. I can honestly say that I would not be who I am today had I never taken LSD. Cocaine I can take or leave, and 99 times out of 100 I leave it. Not my thing. Meth I tried once a decade ago and it STILL makes me uncomfortable thinking about it. However, living the drug life has its aspects that I must admit I did enjoy.

I must point out that there is a difference between enjoying drugs occasionally in a controlled enviroment and being addicted to drugs. Nobody likes an addict.

Comment

I was a '60's teen. Where I lived, across the bay from SF, there was not the opportunity to try drugs, I lived in the 'burbs. LSD was about 3 years before my time when that were doing "Acid Trips". I didn't try LSD because it wasn't readly available, thank God. Pot was around and we did that a little. Coke was unknown to me. We used to go to Berkeley and the one thing I will never forget was a "speedfreak" talking to himself and just out of it. I went Winterland; the Avalon Ballroom and Altamont. Not to mention Peace Rallys. But that "Summer of Love" was just a big bunch of hype. I was and still am just a suburban semi-functioning boozer. Did I miss the "Trip"? Maybe. But, I know me and I am glad I didn't take that next step.

Comment

Sigh.

The joys (or lack thereof) of being a child of the 90s/00s.

=<

Comment

duh, to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women? I thought everyone knew that...

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                        Why do you guys fuck with all that stuff? Drink enough beer or wine and life is good. They are foods. And are good for you when drunk in moderation all day long. The reason why I didn't do drugs is I knew I would have been hooked faster than a starving bass. I have given up sugar and I feel better. Now, if I could lose the craving for beer and cigs, I could make 60.
                        Can't really drink that much when you're diabetic; hangovers are 10 times worse than for those who arenj't diabetic. Pot even fucks with your blood sugar, but not near as bad as alcohol, which is very high in sugar. I actually think I started with meth because I didn't realize I was diabetic, and was trying to drink with my friends. Well, I would typically be the first to fall out - til one nicght when a friend offered a line as a pick-me-up. I thought it was coke until I felt that drano-like burn in my nose - then I got the rushj and was wide-awake. Suddenly I could keep up drinking with the guys from the shop! Well, that worked pretty good for awhile, but it eventually became habitual. That was when the suck set in. I haven't touched the shit since 1989. I still think about it but know it'd end with death, that's what keeps me away from it.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well, I would be pickeled if I couldn't drink beer or wine. From day one, 1967, I knew I wouldn't do drugs. I knew for a fact that it would "kill me" I watched a kid turn into a zombie huffing "Can-o-Frost". Call me a pussy, but I will stick to the basic food groups. Is tabacco a food?

Comment

Dude, you were smart to keep it to alcohol; just 'splainin' that for me it was a little more complicated. It's never smart to do drugs, but usually you think you're missing out on fun, because your friends are getting high and they dig it. We all more or less became zombies at the same pace, none of us were out ahead strung out so the rest could see.

The friend who introiduced me to the meth died of a heart attack at age 37, in 1987. That was my first wakeup call, but I'd already been into the shit for a couple years. I started trying to quit then, but didn't succeed until 2 years later, in 1989. Of course I was snorting coke, then smoking crack, during that time too. I managed to quit it all at the same time in 1989 - no rehab, just stopped and sweated for awhile. I kept smoking weed until 1996, then quit that because it got so strong that it just made me stupid and gave me anxiety attacks anymore. I finally realized iot was no fun anymore, for me. But anybody who smokes it I think is fine, it's really less dangerous than alcohol as far as the chance of hurting anyone driving DUI.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have had one DUI in almost 40 years of driving. Other than it cost me $5,000, it was a literal walk. I got stopped after driving 35 miles less than 1 mile from house. It was 4:30AM. So I take my regular turnoff. I'm driving a "66 Mustang Fastback. This turn off if off 101 and there is a bus pad that skirts the freeway while my lane goes way right of it. So I get over on the overpass and then I see all these flashing lights. I pull over and get out. The cops says: "I signed off a burglary call. You almost took out the bus stop." Bullshit. So I can't pass the test. They park my car in a bank parking lot. They take me to jail. I'm in the tank 'til about 9AM. Well, the jail was within walking distance to my car. The drive home took 2 minutes. My 25th highschool reunion was great to a point. I guess the point is don't go to reunions. No, that's not it. Don't drink and drive. And don't do drugs.

Comment

I was hospitalized back in October, didn't know what was wrong with me the first three days I was there. Doc's were scratching their heads...all my numbers were outta whack. They were telling my wife I might not make it out of it. Turns out I had a screaming case of pancreatitis, along with type II diabetes, cholesterol was outta whack. I was pretty fucked up. Anywho, I am (was) the definition of "social drinker" Didn't keep it in the house, but if I went to check out a band, or fishing, I could down a few and have a great time. I don't touch it now. Seeing my wife's face when she realized she might not be taking me home...man I don't even want a beer.
                                I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Working...
                                X