Judas Priest Angel of Retribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judas Priest Angel of Retribution

Well, I passed on this cd since it came out. The song titles didn't appeal to me. For some strange reason I purchased the Rising in the East cd and loved some of the new songs. I purchased the AOR cd with the extra dvd stuff.

That cd f'ing rocks. Some of the lyrics are cheese, but I am loving the metal gods voice! Only crappy song is Lockness.

Halford is the greatest metal singer, ever.
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Originally posted by fr0sty
    Well, I passed on this cd since it came out. The song titles didn't appeal to me. For some strange reason I purchased the Rising in the East cd and loved some of the new songs. I purchased the AOR cd with the extra dvd stuff.

That cd f'ing rocks. Some of the lyrics are cheese, but I am loving the metal gods voice! Only crappy song is Lockness.

Halford is the greatest metal singer, ever.
    I agree... take Lockness out of the CD and its absolutely KILLER.

Comment

Awsome CD, I can't wait to see what they come out with next. I heard they were writing for it, but I can't remember if I just got it mixed up with another band

Comment

I even kinda liked "Loch Ness", though the Spinal Tap cheezoid meter pretty much goes off the scale on that one. The rest of the album is first-rate, and it really rocked in concert and sat well alongside the older material.

Comment

The crowd yelling for an encore...Judas Priest, Judas Priest...

AOR?
          You either love it or hate it.
          No, its not their better writing but its a good reunion studio album.
          Halford's voice is aged, so he's not able to hit all the high notes like he use to.
          Thats expected though.
          Even so, Priest does very well live.
          I've seen them more than any other band in all the years of going to concerts. They were (to me anyways) the masters and dominated the late 70's and 80's metal scene.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Halford sings so good...I can even listen to him sing about the lochness monster...

and I gave 'em about three fitty..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
              Halford sings so good...I can even listen to him sing about the lochness monster...

and I gave 'em about three fitty..
              Chef's Dad: Dammit woman, why did you give the monster three fitty?

Chef's Mom: I thought he was somebody else.

Oh yeah, Priest. I love AoR, great album. Haven't picked up the DVD yet but probably will.
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

AOR reminds me alot of Sad Wings of Destiny and Stained Class. Its basically old school (pre Screaming for Vengeance) Priest.
                I think Halfords voice still kills. He was fantastic live and hit every note when I saw them. Even the high stuff in Beyond the Realms of Death and the first high note scream in The Ripper. He hit everything. They were spot on when I saw them last year.

Comment

Although I love Angel of Retribution, I wish Halford continued his solo career. Crucible and Resurrection are 10x better than Angel of Retribution...
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64
                  www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I think it's a great album. Lochness is a tad stinky, but the rest is killer. I love jamming along to Worth Fighting For. It was fucking awesome live and I think one of Priest's best rock songs.
                    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

on the rising in the east dvd they have tuned down a semitone so halford doesn't have to struggle with the high notes....
                      yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

I noticed that on the live cd with Ripper Owens. They played many (most?) songs one key lower. Diamonds and Rust is played in E with Rob, but D with Ripper.
                        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Working...
                        X